It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• rude comment at the pharmacy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #46
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User
    Re: rude comment at the pharmacy

Final story - just came back from pharmacy which is a block froom my house - one pharmacy tech has been fired for making the comment that he admitted making, the pharmacist on duty was suspended for 3 days for not properly supervising the paraprofessionals - they are going to add inservices to monthly meetings to educate their personnel about chronic pain patients and what they endure and have asked me to come and tell my story if I feel comfortable - I am completely satisfied with this resolution - the pharmacist suggested to others to ask their pharmacies what steps they take to educaate their personnel about chronic pain because he says it is something that all pharmacies need to start doing - sooooo maybe we can start educating the world that chronic pain patients are not addicts - and any secrecy involved is for safety not because we are doing anything wrong - I felt so much better but as always, if I get any understanding, I start crying because I am so frustrated - the funny part to this is the manager asked my husband and I if there was anything else they could do to make us feel any better and my husband said yes "bring that fellow out here and let me kick the crap out of him - everyone just stared at him and my husband said you need to be careful what you ask people - thanks to all of you Aver

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #47
    painaway
    Veteran
    (female)

painaway HB User

Aver...That's such a great resolution! Maybe, like he said, it will start to catch on at other pharmacies (chronic pain education). You just might be the reason for a huge trend in this country!! Thanks for standing up for yourself, and for us (chronic pain patients).

Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #48
    mzpain
    (female)

mzpain HB User

Aver...that does SEEM like a beautiful resolution BUT how content would you be if you found out their TRUE agenda? I haven't been on for awhile and as I was reading this complete thread it reminded me of all the lawyers ads I have read saying they defend victims of HIPPA violations, I thought... thats weird how can their be any SERIOUS law suits involving HIPPA? I figured it couldn't be that bad, but IT IS! Reread Friendly_ones's ENDING, that is what happens when situations as yours get "dealt with" at the store level. Don't let them fool you, they gave you a $500 gift card (to use ONLY at Walgreen's) to quiet you down so they could do damage control. You see they DIDN'T want you to contact their district manager or regional manager or go ANY FARTHER up the chain of command, because that could mean they have MAJOR authority looking over their shoulders for a long,long time! They don't want that, AT ALL! This situation makes ALL the lower level managers LOOK BAD, so they attempt to keep you happy ($$ always helps, and did work) and NO LAWYERS!!! so you have NO IDEA what your rights are and they can keep it all at store level or otherwise HUSH HUSH! I would bet money that if all info were to be known in friendly_one's case, her store probably had had many many incidents JUST LIKE YOURS that the managers had successfully had "dealt with at store level", had no controls in place by corporate and Friendly_one had to go through the trauma she did ALL BECAUSE NO ONE MADE A STINK! All others before her were kept quiet with $$ and HUSH HUSH "keep it at the store level". I sure hope at some time in the future SOMEONE talks to a lawyer and notifies the corporate office so that some VERY SERIOUS controls can be put in place or else the next victim of HIPPA violations may lose more than her dignity and security she/he may lose their LIFE!!
    Mzpain

Old 12-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #49
    slipperyslope
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

slipperyslope HB User

Okay, so it sounds to me like enough has been done here and they know how mortified you were over the incident. they have fired someone, suspended someone, and given you 500.00 which is a LOT of money and they have apologized profusley. I would be happy with that now move on from it. we have all learned from this and from your experience as to what can happen if this happens to any of us. I don't think sueing is really the answer hear as they have taken the right steps and done there job and told you it won't happen again, firing someone was the right thing for them to do as now someone is out of a job from them running there mouth. I am sure the entire pharmacy now knows about this and its been made a big deal out of, I am sure meetings have occured and upper managment knows what happened.. This is a big no no and they no why the person was fired and what the precautions are should this ever happen again. I think they have made things right for you and done enough now to redeem your faith with this pharmacy. I am glad your happy with the outcome and I hope it never happens again to you or anyone else for that matter.

now go and enjoy your 500.00!!!

merry christmas to you.

SS

Last edited by slipperyslope; 12-13-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #50
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User

A $500.00 gift card did not buy me and could not buy me - This was settled in a manner acceptable to me WITHOUT the gift card which seems to be the major focus of a lot of people - The matter was settled by the actions of some employees that really were sorry that this happened and they were sorry because they know it was wrong not because they were caught - there are some nice people out there and I found two - I would like to hope that I cannot be bought but if I could I know it would be more than $500.
    Aver

Closed Thread