It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Anyone who takes methodone for pain relief????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
    jasgirl
    (female)

jasgirl HB User
    Anyone who takes methodone for pain relief????

Hey everyone!
    Since I have been on pain medication (almost 5 yrs now) I have been on Mscontin, Oxycontin,Fentanyl patch, and Mscontin w the patch.Nothing really seems to help and I read that methodone is really good for pain relief and that its helped some pain suffurers whose tried everything and that they almost felt normal again to, unlike with the other meds that had made them feel crappy...So is anyone on methodone? What are your thoughts? or what has helped u if u have tried everything? and does it come in pill form? or liquid? Any info I would love to hear it, cuz I am on atleast 100mg's of oxycontin every six hours and still not right for me.So I appreciate ahead of time for any info,stories,comments...........

The following user gives a hug of support to jasgirl:
    tiggertoo2174 (05-03-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
    Arthr Itis
    Inactive
    (male)

Arthr Itis HB User
    Re: Anyone who takes methodone for pain relief????

I was on methadone for a couple of weeks. Like I explained to the PA, it made me feel like my head was in a bucket. I'm used to "living" in a fog but methadone made it a lot worse. Now I'm on oxycontin. The fog isn't as bad and it kind of helps the pain. Good luck! Fred

Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
    harley614
    (male)

harley614 HB User

been on dilaudid for 4 years when doc gave me methadone to reduce dilaudid, well it didnt help me reduce dilaudid, now 6 years later still on dilaudid, 560 4mg pills per month, 650 10 mg methadone and 325 5 mg methadone per month. dilaudid still works best for me, methadone has made me an addict and some say i may be on it for life, i know alot of people swear by methadone, personnally i hate the way i feel on it, now my doc is insisting on weening me of dilaudid and increasing my methadone and i am scared to death, that stuff makes me have horrible thoughts, even thought of going to psychiatrist because of this. good luck to you

The following user gives a hug of support to harley614:
    ncmommakat (05-03-2011)
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
    ncmommakat
    (female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User

This is your MONTHLY medication for pain ? Bless your heart.Makes one think there HAS to be something better for pain than all this. I take Opana Er Percocet for breakthrough and have tried Methodone. I find it works best as far as any "ups and downs" but it does have that foggy feeling

Closed Thread