It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• For those looking for Bio Freeze

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
    For those looking for Bio Freeze

I went into cvs today & found they have a product called Freeze it, it is suppose to same as Bio freeze, I asked the pahrmacist & he said the main ingrediant is the same. Although I have used Tigar Balm which he claims is the strongest rub in that catagory (whether true of not, I don't know) so if that helped alittle he said I probably would not get more relief form the bio or Freeze it then suggested I try a topical rub for arthritis, so I picked that up, figured already have every other product so I will give it a try. Since you can only get the Bio freeze from the chiro, thought I would let you all know I came across the Freeze it. Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
    Lotty667
    (female)

Lotty667 HB UserLotty667 HB UserLotty667 HB User
    Re: For those looking for Bio Freeze

I have used the freeze it and it is not at all as effective as Bio Freeze. It is a complete waste of money imo.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thanks for posting that, it is good to know, wondering if anyone here has tried the tiger balm. It is pretty strong & at times would give me alittle relief. Thanks again, guess the pharmacist was not on the nose with that one. Sammy

Old 12-21-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
    HipsterDoofus
    (male)

HipsterDoofus HB User

You don't have to get biofreeze from the chiro. Anybody can buy it from sites all over the internet. It is not a prescription product and it is not regulated or restricted in any way. However, it is not sold in retail stores. To buy it in person you do need to visit a healthcare office of some kind like a chiro, massage therapist, athletic trainer or someone like that. But you don't need to be a patient. You could just walk in and ask for it.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #5
    Arthr Itis
    Inactive
    (male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Hi Sammy. I tried the Tiger Balm a long time ago. All it did for me was make the wallet a little thinner.
    Fred

Old 12-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hipster is right,you can track it down in places on the net.the thing about the biofreeze and what actually makes this so very different is not what it only lists as the only active ingedient on it(menthol) it is the other"non' active one that this has called illex?whatever this stuff is,THAT is what makes it so very superior to any of the others i have tried and i have a huge basket of topicals all sitting in my closet right now that couldn;t hold a candle to the real biofreeze.it is that illex.their site(biofreeze,where you CANNOT actually purchase it,really explains what the illex actually is.this is actually considered cryotherepy,that is why it is kind of restricted.the freeze action this stuff has is just wayyy more than with any other one i have tried.

the other stuff may help sammy,its always worth a try.but i seriously don;t think what you were told about it being the very same could possibly be true,really.good luck hon,Marcia

Closed Thread