It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Two 30mg capsules of Cymbalta instead of one 60mg capsule?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
    zach88
    (male)

zach88 HB User
    Two 30mg capsules of Cymbalta instead of one 60mg capsule?

Hi all,

My doctor just raised my dose of Cymbalta to 60mg once a day from 30mg once a day. I still have about six of my 30mg capsules yet, although I already picked up the new prescription. Is it ok for me to take two 30mg capsules instead of the one 60mg? I know this medication has some sort of time release, and I don't know if taking two of the 30mg capsule is detrimental to that system.

Thanks,

Zach

P.S. Just started on 50mcg Duragesic last night. I was very happy, my copay for brand name was only thirty dollars. I've felt terrible about all of my medical expenses, even though I know they're necessary. After a month of feeling drugged on Methadone without any pain relief, my doctor and I both decided to change to the patch. I'm very hopeful. Also picked up a package of the Tegaderm covers, as per the advice of some of you guys on the board. It really is great to have this resource, you get information that you wouldn't find otherwise. I put one on over the patch and it's sticking great, although the actual patch is bubbling up a little. But I think that's normal, right? I even took a shower with the Tegaderm, and everything stayed completely intact. Thanks guys!

P.P.S I really don't like the concept of a P.P.S, but it's funny how my P.S. is longer than my post. Just thought I'd point it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
    Arthr Itis
    Inactive
    (male)

Arthr Itis HB User
    Re: Two 30mg capsules of Cymbalta instead of one 60mg capsule?

Zach. I think you would be alright taking 2 30mg. But you need to be aware of the tired's. That dose put me into a zombie state. Now I take 30mg twice a day. Good luck.
    Fred

Old 01-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
    GracefulOne
    (female)

GracefulOne HB User
    Re: Two 30mg capsules of Cymbalta instead of one 60mg capsule?

Zach,

I always get free Cymbalta sample packs from my Doc and am on 60mg as well but when he doesn't have the 60mg samples he just gives me the 30mg packs and tells me to take two...fortunately I didn't notice any zombie state at 60 mg and at one point was on 120mg/day...

L5/S1 Hemilaminectomy (9/06)
    L4/L5 Hemilaminectomy (11/06)
    L4/5 L5/S1 Posterior Interbody Lumbar Fusion with Instrumentation (1/07)

Closed Thread