It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Does imovane help actually relieve pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
    redrock6
    (male)

redrock6 HB User
    Does imovane help actually relieve pain?

Hi!

My wife has had TN for years, went through all kind of drugs of all types in trying to manage the pain. She had surgery last summer which we believe did much to relieve the TN pain. However, she seems to have had a very bad reaction to the antibiotics avelox and ciprofloxicin which leaves her with new kinds of neuropathic pain. She says that taking one imovane pill along with her oxycodone really makes a difference in the pain levels. In fact, sometimes it goes down to nothing. Has anyone else had a similar experience with imovane (apo - zopiclone)? We want to know so as to be able to tell her doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
    forginon
    Inactive
    (male)

forginon HB User
    Re: Does imovane help actually relieve pain?

I've never heard of Imovane before so I looked it up, and it's apparently related to benzodiazapines. It said that it is indicated for sleep disturbances, and restless leg syndrome.

I can easily see where Imovane would 'potentiate' (make more potent) the oxy.

Hopefully others here can add more.

Steve

Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
    Samjojazz
    (female)

Samjojazz HB User
    Re: Does imovane help actually relieve pain?

I have chronic pain for a few reason, have had this for years, and also have pain related to a herniated disc surgery. I also find that my pain is MUCH less in the evening after I take my imovane ( for sleep). I have noticed this several times. Of course, imovane being a hypnotic sleeping pill, I cannot take it during the day to test this hypothesis, but I suspect it is in fact true what we have found.

Closed Thread