It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Is there a difference in some generic brands of meds?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
    gabbygrace
    (female)

gabbygrace HB User
    Is there a difference in some generic brands of meds?

Hi everyone,
    I don't post too often but when I have a question I know that I can come here and someone will always be able to help me. I am fixing to have a procedure done and the doctor is going to prescribe a valium to take right before I go to the hospital to help with the jitters. Is there a difference in generic valium like there is other meds? I take lortab 10/500 watson brand. I got the qualitest one time when they were out of the watson and they were horrible! They made me so sick to my stomach and they didn't help with the pain like the watson brand. I know some people take the other brands and are fine with them, that is just my opinion. It really isn't that big of a deal about the valium since I will only be taking the one, but I was just curious if anyone could answer this question for me.
    I really appreciate all the wonderful people on this board.
    Gabby

Last edited by gabbygrace; 02-25-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: too many words in a sentence

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
    painaway
    Veteran
    (female)

painaway HB User
    Re: Is there a difference in some generic brands of meds?

GG...I firmly believe that different generics are, well, "different." Some generics work better than others for me. If I were you, I'd post on the anxiety board to see if anyone has a Valium preference. Or maybe someone on here has some experience with that particular med. Good luck!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

while there is a very very clear difference in generic vs brand name and even one generic to another with certain meds,i would think given the fact that you do not regularly take valium,you shouldn't have any problems there.really.the valium i take everyday is about the only med i have not experienced a big difference with so far and i have been on that for almost three years.in your particular situation with this med,i really wouldn't worry about effectiveness.i think you would do okay even if there was a bit less in it just becasue you do not regularly take the med,you know what i mean?the valium really does help alot during the MRI.i use it with every one i have had and i have had to have about 16 seperate MRIs since 01.hope all goes well for you.Marcia

Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
    gabbygrace
    (female)

gabbygrace HB User

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Gabby

Closed Thread