It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Cymbalta Withdrawl

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #16
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
    Re: Cymbalta Withdrawl

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arthr Itis View Post
    called the pain clinic today. She said to go back on them, one 30mg per day as before. Ahmen!
    Fred
    good to hear this, praise God on this Just imagine dealing with those withdrawal symptoms for a couple of weeks and trying to continue to work a full time job. I was praying every single day several times a day. Keep us posted Fred and let us know if the withdrawal symptoms subside. I went through that after stopping Cymbalta and dropping down on my Ultram as well. These meds are nothing to mess around with and I consider the withdrawal from anti-depressant worse than opiates in my opinion. good luck fred

Brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
    lenapas
    (female)

lenapas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arthr Itis View Post
    Hi All. A couple of weeks ago the PA at the PC figured I don't need Cymbalta anymore. She tried to double the dose ,30mg am + 30mg pm. I got tired of people asking when I went on prednizone because my face was getting real round. I went back to just the am dose and it went away. So she said just drop it. I know better then to "just drop" a med that I've been on for almost 3 years. After playing with them for a week or two I took my last one Saturday night. Now my upper back pain has gone up to about 8 and I feel like heck all over. I'm tempted to start taking them again , I've got a few left. But I would just have to go through this again. I sure wish this pain thing never would have happened! Like Duh! don't we all!
    I really don't know how people get through all this crap without God. He might not make it go away but He will help me get through it. That which doesn't kill will make stronger. I am going to be one strong SOB!
    Thanks for the vent.
    Fred

Old 11-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
    Pegala
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User

Dear Fellow CPers,
    Wow! A few weeks ago I had major surgery. Despite my best efforts, I was not given the meds that I normally take, during my 4 day hospital stay. Cymbalta (120 mg/day) was one of the meds that I was not given.
    I had a very difficult time while I was in the hospital. I had severe pain all over (I thought it was because I wasn't being given my Lyrica). I was hallucinating, seeing and talking to friends and relatives who have all been dead for a number of years. I couldn't sleep, had vertigo, no appetite, irritability, 15 second attention span, and I was miserable. I thought that this was my new reality.
    The minute I got home, I dove into my daily meds and took the Cymbalta and Lyrica that I had been missing. It took about 36 hours before I was human again. I had no idea that these problems were from the Cymbalta.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for educating me.
    Peggy

Closed Thread