It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Tens Units

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
    chambers421
    (male)

chambers421 HB User
    Unhappy Tens Units

Hello Everyone;
    Does anyone here get a blistering effect after wearing their tens unit? The thought of not being able to use is gonna be a real bummer.
    Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
    Toonces1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
    Re: Tens Units

I have never had anything like that. Do you think maybe you are allergic to the sticky stuff on the pads and maybe that is irritating your skin? Before you give it up altogether, maybe try a few different brands of electrodes to see if that helps. I have never heard of anyone getting that type of reason for the TENS itself. I use my TENS as sort of a last resort, and it would be terrible to know I couldn't use it. I hope you find something that works.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I never had a problem like that. Once in a while a little irritation. I got mine from EMPI. They had sent me wipes. Looked like the little square alcohol wipes. You just wiped the skin with them before you put the electrodes on. May be something worth looking in to. Maybe call the place where you got the TENS from. Mention to them and see if they have gotten other complaints. May help.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
    grizzk62
    Veteran
    (male)

grizzk62 HB User

Hello, I have experienced a blistering effect but on after useing a damaged led or one that has out worn it's usefulness. So I would check the led first. Another cause for me has been useing the tens unit for longer than recommended in the hopes of more pain relief. So be sure to not exceed the recommended time. Hope this helps. I do find my tens unit of benefit so I hope you can keep useing yours.

Matt

Old 03-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grizzk62 View Post
    Hello, I have experienced a blistering effect but on after useing a damaged led or one that has out worn it's usefulness. So I would check the led first. Another cause for me has been useing the tens unit for longer than recommended in the hopes of more pain relief. So be sure to not exceed the recommended time. Hope this helps. I do find my tens unit of benefit so I hope you can keep useing yours.

Matt
    I have used my TENS every waking moment at almost the highest setting and never had a problem. Guess everyone is different.

Closed Thread