It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Lyrica - so far so good

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
    nero
    Veteran
    (female)

nero HB User
    Lyrica - so far so good

I just got back from the walk in clinic having met an incredible dr who was a pain mgmt dr. I had gone in as I am in year 5 from an ACDF c5 c6 with bone graft. I also have bulging c6 7 that they would not remove at the time. I also had microdiscectomy l5 s1 in 04. So now I am having major bulging and my throat feels very painful with difficulty swallowing. Today I awoke to a sick feeling which ended up being terrible ringing in my head and pain in my face/numbness. NOW we all know there are many tangent symptoms from surgery so you have to live with them somewhat. I break off a 1/4 or 1/5 percocet when bad but today was very scarey. Ended up that by chance at the clinic I got her. She could not believe I have been walking around like this for so long and commended my efforts of being proactive but said you need to get pain mgmt. So today I got 75 mg once day of Lyrica and some Ativan (small dose) to start me getting relief. I am stunned but the Lyrica within two hours gave me noticeable relief ,. I do feel a little spacey but tonight has been the best night of my life since my Fall in 2001 which started all this. I have read the pros and cons of swelling and weight gain but frankly unless the swelling is horrific, I can learn to stay out of the kitchen. So to anyone who is in pain and I know many people are - give it a try ..I know it has only been one evening but i am up at 1:57 a.m. and not exhausted but happy to have the veil of pain lifted. Wish me luck...WE SHALL SEE. Any comments on your experience with it ...reply back.

Nearly New ...Nero

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
    Arthr Itis
    Inactive
    (male)

Arthr Itis HB User
    Re: Lyrica - so far so good

Nero. I am so glad things are turning around for you. I pray this will continue to improve.
    Fred

Old 05-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

That is wonderful news!! Congratulations.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
    cmpgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmpgirl HB User

Nero, It's always good to hear a success story. I am so glad the Lyrica has helped. I haven't taken it myself, but have heard both sides of the story. And you are right....We should all be open to trying something new, when other modalities are not cutting it.

Can you see this caring doc as a regular patient? Or does she just do the walk-in clinic? If not, did she recommend someone for you?

Take care and have a great weekend. CMP

Old 05-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
    TexMom85
    Veteran
    (female)

TexMom85 HB User

Nero,

So glad to hear the Lyrica is working for you. I also got great pain relief, but despite no change in my diet/exercise routine, I experienced the dreaded weight gain (in other words, I stayed out of the kitchen but gained anyway). Many on this board have had good results and I pray that you will be one of them. When you're experiencing horrific pain, unless the side effects are life-threatening, you go with what gives you relief.

It's always encouraging to hear about a member getting relief from their CP!

Keep us posted on how it goes...

Blessings,
    TexMom

Old 05-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
    Aimeehurts
    (female)

Aimeehurts HB User

That is great news about Lyrica helping you. I know it has helped me too. (Only I did gain weight too) It is such a relief to find something that works for us. I am glad they have created Lyrica and Cymbalta.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
    KissAmeGal
    (female)

KissAmeGal HB User

Nero.......i can totally relate to that. when i started taking Lyrica, i was absolutely amazed, that just within a few hours, i noticed a huge improvement!! and yeah,,,,,i felt a little dizzy/woozy, but now that i've been on it for a period of time, that's gone. but the relief is STILL there!! this has been absolutely AWESOME for me!!

Closed Thread