It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Adjusting to Fentanyl patch.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #16
    arkia
    (female)

arkia HB User
    Re: Adjusting to Fentanyl patch.....

I had a headache like you are describing when I started fentanyl. I have migraines, but it wasnt' the same, like you said. Anyway, good news was that by the time of second refill they had stopped. II did read in the literature that headache was one of the side effects that would most likely go away, and they did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #17
    allanbruce
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User

Hi, I have been on the fentynal patch now for about 6 weeks and I have also not felt well on the 3rd day and the 1st day but not so much a head ache more just a feeling of being unwell and in a way like withdrawals and increased pain during that time. I have an appointment to see my PM Dr in 3 weeks, but if this continues I think I will try to see him sooner and see if he will give me a different script, to change a patch every 2 days. As I have heard here and I believe that it will be better and much more even medication for me. As this medication is supposed to keep the blood at a stable level.
    Allan
    25-Nov-2010: ALIF fusion L5-S1. 9 years of Chronic lower back pain. Nearly 18 months of pain across my upper pelvis, through my butt and down my left leg into my foot. Sciatica relieved by surgery.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #18
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Yes, it sounds like you need to change to every 48 hours. It makes a huge difference IMO.

Since your appt isn't for 3 weeks, I'd call and ask if they could see you sooner. Tell the receptionist that you're having trouble with the patch....Don't give her many details....These folks like to "diagnosis" patients on the phone to determine which ones are really having trouble. I would lay it on thick if need be.

Good luck.

Ex

Closed Thread