It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Witch Nurse Update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
    mzpain
    (female)

mzpain HB User
    Witch Nurse Update

Hey y'all I am on my way out but just had to let y'all know the update with the witch nurse, man she is testing my patience. I got my Norco script last night and via message let her know I hadn't filled my patch script yet, but intended to last night. She calls today saying my insurance turned me down on a prior authorization for Oxycodone??? NEVER was there a REQUEST for a prior authorization for Oxycodone!!!! The pharmacy (completely different pharmacy)where I get my patches filled sent her/my doc a request for a prior auth. on my patches. She knows the PROPER coding to put too, but she wanted to be sure I DIDN'T have the prior auth. on my patches, which was requested 2 weeks ago!!!! I cant wait for my doc to come back because she has really screwed herself he will KNOW by all the crap she has pulled that it is INTENTIONAL!!!! Wonder what will happen when I tell the doc that I have had to see my shrink alot due to his witchy nurse??? Also, she didn't hurt me any with her crap I will just get a reimbursement when the prior auth does go through, pharmacist already told me so! Ha Ha! I do wish I could prosecute her for abuse because that is what it is.
    Mzpain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
    Boxerluver
    Inactive
    (female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User
    Re: Witch Nurse Update

Mz, you are right, what she is doing is abuse and I hope your doc will handle it. I just don't get these staff that want to put us through the ringer! When I had an issue with a med, the nurse left a nasty message on my machine saying the doc wasn't going to prescribe this anymore and I needed to deal with it from one of my other docs and when we went straight to the office to see what was going on, the doc said the nurse never even talked to him about it, he had no idea what had transpired! Unfortunately she is still there, but I haven't had to deal with her since. Good luck!

Melissa

Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
    mzpain
    (female)

mzpain HB User

Well when my doc gets back I intend on really thinking before I tattle on her. What I mean is I will simply choose my words very carefully, just encase she and he are really tight.
    After I posted last I printed up some insurance info and took it to the doc's office, so that the correct code would be put down for my prior authorization to be approved on the fentanyl. So, now there is NO REASON she cant do it right.Plus I put a sticky note that informed of the screw up with the prior auth. being done on the oxycodone instead of the fentanyl patches, which was requested 2 wks. ago from a completely different pharmacy, I just said to stick to what was REQUESTED and it would save time and trouble. That might tick her off.
    When I do talk to the doc I will have my boyfriend there to back me up. I figure I will just ask the doc if there is anything I can do to be a better patient, because for some reason his nurse has a complete change of attitude toward me and I don't know what I did wrong but if I can change something so her treatment of me will improve I'd like to know. I think that should do it, I hope.
    Mzpain

Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
    mzpain
    (female)

mzpain HB User

***I went ahead and separated my posts instead of making one that is too long.
    I received a call from my doc's office. One of the Witch's (Katie) henchmen (nurse Lisa)left a weird message on my voice mail saying " Hi Jaydee, this is Lisa from doctor ****'s office returning your call, I will try again in the morning to call you, so please DON'T call the doctor on call, he's already aware of the situation,OK I'll talk to you tomorrow morning." The weird thing is I NEVER CALLED THE OFFICE, normally I'd think it was just a mistake in identity but she referred to me by name. This Lisa nurse has left messages before for me when my script was ready for pick up but just once or twice and my prior authorization issue should be handled by my doctor's nurse, this Lisa IS NOT my doctor's nurse. Also even if she were talking about my prior auth. matter that isn't the kind of issue one would call the "on call" doctor about. Something fishy going on here! and it sure does stink! Well, I was going to leave a message so the office receptionist would get it first thing in the morn, explaining that Lisa must have made a mistake with the message she left me, that I would have NO reason to call the "on call" doc about ANYTHING, so she had better find out who she should have called because they didn't get the message. But I then thought about it.....Well, let's see what would a former investigator with a paralegal degree do in this stink'in a'foul situation???
    I will be prepared tomorrow morning for Lisa or whomever from my doc's office calls and I will have my tape recorder ready and simply tape record the conversation. Now I honestly (a little) hope it IS all just a mistake, but my other, ticked off side, wants this to be a stupid scheme that will backfire in everyone involved's face!
    I just feel it is about time, with all of CPers being UNJUSTLY screwed around, it about time the tables turned, that I can PROVE I am telling the truth and that I am being ABUSED and something will HAVE to be done with the ones doing this. This is just one small abusive situation, I really wish I could get better and REALLY go to bat for other CPers, you know like the ACLU etc... Well maybe they're kinda the big big league, before I became disabled I was going to college for legal and intended on being an advocate.
    If I get any justice with this situation, maybe I will feel soooo much better I can help someone else and then the other person can help another person and the chain reaction will start cleaning up the injustices done to chronic Pain Patients!! Amen! Oh well it sounds good, huh??
    Mzpain

Old 05-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Something very weird is going on. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Good luck.

Ex

Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
    aussiejono
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

aussiejono HB User

Is this woman a qualified RN, or is nurse a courtasy title for a recsptionist/admin assistant in a doctors office?

You could put in a complaint to the state Nurses Registration Board

Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
    SpinalMalady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzpain View Post
    I got my Norco script last night and via message let her know I hadn't filled my patch script yet, but intended to last night. She calls today saying my insurance turned me down on a prior authorization for Oxycodone??? NEVER was there a REQUEST for a prior authorization for Oxycodone!!!! The pharmacy (completely different pharmacy)where I get my patches filled sent her/my doc a request for a prior auth. on my patches.
    Hi Mz:

It occurred to me that perhaps because you use different pharmacies that you have been "flagged" in the system. At the very least by this nurse. Perhaps she's ticked off that you don't get all of your scripts from one place?? Is that a possibility?? Are you under a contract with this doc??

If I am understanding the situation right (and forgive me if I'm not, it's been a crazy week for me!!), you haven't been able to get the patches yet due to an insurance snafu, right?? Another possibility is that because you got the SA filled, and not the LA filled yet, this nurse "perceives" that as drug seeking behavior.

I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, please don't misunderstand me, but this nurse obviously has taken matters into her own hands. Just something to ponder.

I hear what you are saying about being treated unfairly. I sincerely hope that you are able to get your situation resolved fairly soon. It seems she DOES have it out for you, and for whatever reason is tracking your prescrptions from what I can gather in your posts.

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
    09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
    06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
    3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Last edited by SpinalMalady; 05-29-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: afterthought

Old 05-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
    aussiejono
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

aussiejono HB User

I dont see it as a nurses place to tell a patient where to get her scripts filled - if anybody is going to do this, it should be the doctor only.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
    SpinalMalady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aussiejono View Post
    I dont see it as a nurses place to tell a patient where to get her scripts filled - if anybody is going to do this, it should be the doctor only.
    BINGO! I agree 100%!! Can you say BUSYBODY???

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
    09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
    06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
    3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 05-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
    aussiejono
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

aussiejono HB User

I would speak to

Your doctor

The practice manager

The Nurses Registration Board in your state, if indeed this person is a qualified RN.. part of being qualified is knowing the limitations of your role.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
    huffle
    (female)

huffle HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzpain View Post
    I received a call from my doc's office. One of the Witch's (Katie) henchmen (nurse Lisa)left a weird message on my voice mail saying " Hi Jaydee, this is Lisa from doctor ****'s office returning your call, I will try again in the morning to call you, so please DON'T call the doctor on call, he's already aware of the situation,OK I'll talk to you tomorrow morning."
    Could it be that the On Call doc's know she is a screw up and that you calling them could get her butt in big trouble? She may have made some mistakes in the past and the On Call doc's have had to straighten out the mess and are fed up with her. Just another thought. That's what hit my mind when I read it. Good luck.

Huffle

Old 05-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
    cmpgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmpgirl HB User

MZ, I was thinking the same thing as Huffle. I wondered why she brought up the on-call too. Just wanted to let you know I hope this gets straightened out, and soon. Take care and keep us posted. God Bless, CMP

Old 05-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

hmmmmmmmmm....Something in the milk isnt clean. I cant stand b*tches like her. Why do these horrible ppl work in the health care field? Probably so in their own sick twisted world they can hurt ppl in a way that most would think of. I hope she gets hers. this is absolutely terrible. Id set her up, or report her.
    Id pull the doc aside at an appt with him and say..."Im really sorry, because you are such an amazing doctor, and It pains me to tell you that if something isnt done about the way *** treats myself AND other patients, Ill have to find other healthcare. Even when I have been in your office for appts, I have seen the same bahaviour from her towards other patients, so I know its just not myself who is being horribly affected. I dont pay for this kind of treatment, my life is already stressed enough and painful physically. Id really hate to see an administrative person get into the way of the tremendous care youve been giving me. And honestly, the mental abuse is outweighing the physical help that you have always provided me."
    It wouldnt hurt for him to think that you and others have visited about this hag. BUT this cpould be the total wrong approach too. Im just trying to throw things out there for you. I dont know your doc...he may say, "well then fine...find someone else."
    Id highly doubt that unless hes sleeping with her or something.
    My sister worked for a doc who was doing one of the nasty nurses there, and she thought she could just get away with anything. Ive also had ones that ARENT, but treat the docs like they are. Its such a conrtol thing, like" whos guarding the dogpen and the top dog today." They have NO lives, and their whole desperate lives revolve around probably locking up their beloved kindom for the day. Oooooh! I have a key! Pretty crappy, but Im sure its her big thrill of her life.
    I have to stop becausde there are TONS, TONS or other wonderful ppl who have the same position she does, and treat ppl with the same care they would their own family memebers. Isnt it sad?
    Hang in there girl...
    xoxoxox,
    IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
    trowftd3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

trowftd3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm....Something in the milk isnt clean. I cant stand b*tches like her. Why do these horrible ppl work in the health care field? Probably so in their own sick twisted world they can hurt ppl in a way that most would think of. I hope she gets hers. this is absolutely terrible. Id set her up, or report her.
    Id pull the doc aside at an appt with him and say..."Im really sorry, because you are such an amazing doctor, and It pains me to tell you that if something isnt done about the way *** treats myself AND other patients, Ill have to find other healthcare. Even when I have been in your office for appts, I have seen the same bahaviour from her towards other patients, so I know its just not myself who is being horribly affected. I dont pay for this kind of treatment, my life is already stressed enough and painful physically. Id really hate to see an administrative person get into the way of the tremendous care youve been giving me. And honestly, the mental abuse is outweighing the physical help that you have always provided me."

xoxoxox,
    IZZY'SMOM
    This could be a great idea but I would definitely test the waters first to see how tight the doc and his nurse are. You don't want to just throw yourself to the sharks.

I swear some days there just isn't enough drama in the office and these power tripping *&#%*es just have to make their own!!! I'm also curious...is she really a nurse? MA? Escapee from the mental health facility down the road???

Carry a tape recorder with you, tape your phone calls and messages so you have something to back you up in case the doc starts to defend her instead of saying he'll look into it or take care of it. Go after her and don't let her get away with treating you like that!! Don't let her possibly treat the next pm patient that horribly. You go girl!!!

Last edited by trowftd3; 05-29-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: clarity

Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #15
    aussiejono
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

aussiejono HB User

Lets face it, working in a doctors office is the bottom of the pile for an RN (if indeed she is)

I would phone the on call doc.

Last edited by aussiejono; 05-29-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Closed Thread