It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Belladonna for stress?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
    dawnie143
    (female)

dawnie143 HB User
    Belladonna for stress?

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Belladonna being used to help with stress and anxiety on a regular basis?

Not sure is th is true or feasible, but was wondering about side effects and amounts, I am 40, good physical shape, exercize 3 times a week, and don't eat any red meat or dairy (soy milk ans products only) BAD neck issues failed surgery, BOTOX for main problems and facet injections in other areas....

Info: need something for stress and anti-anxiety, after reading a couple of posts would kike to keep things "natural if possible"

Again, as I have said in past posts, might be just somethng I'm going through short term (I hope) and if possible don't want additional medication if it is something that will just work itself out.

Got some great information through a different posts on some natural remedies for other female issues, I can always run it by my Bro for reaction from himm, he knows what I take now so can verify any interaction for me if it is something to add to help.

Thanks
    Dawnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
    Re: Belladonna for stress?

Dawny,
    I know a lot about homeopatic or alternative medicine and can share some of it with you.
    Even though Beladonna was used for centures for the nervous system, it's a very powerful herb.
    You have to follow instructions to the T, otherwise it can be very toxic and even works as poison.
    In small amounts (as concentrate or capsules) can be very helpful.
    But why not to try another healthy alternative VALERIAN ROOT (also as concentrate or capsules). I prefer root itself (I boil it according instructions from health food store), but not everyone loves the taste of it.
    Valerian root is used for same reasons as Belladonna; also works well as sleep aids.

If you don't sleep well (which can cause anxiety and depression) try Melatonin (good brand from respectable place) natural remedy which works wonders...
    And as I told you earlier Sam-e is an excellent natural anti-depressant.

Hope this helps a little!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
    Toonces1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User

Please be careful. Just because something is "natural" does not mean it is not harmful. I had a friend who took belladonna for stomach pain and became addicted to it. She was very sick for a long time. This is not an herb you can just take like a vitamin. I would definitely at least let your doctor know you are taking it. I can also vouch for valerian root. I occasionally take it to help with sleep, and I consider it safer than belladonna. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
    dawnie143
    (female)

dawnie143 HB User

Thanks all,

I have to stay off the internet, too much information from too many sources, I will just bug everyone here and save a ton of time.

i would really like to try the Valerian Root, after seeing these posts I believe once again, I went in the wrong direction and tried to play Doctor. Your suggestion seem much better suited to my needs..... same with the Sam-e , especially if it will help with the "poor me" syndrome, the "nobody can understand" thing.....I hate that feeling and in the back of my mind know it is wrong, I have been dealing with my situation for a long time and know better....

I will of course, speak to doctors first (PM and PCP) to make sure no interactions with current medications. I really like these ideas, if there is any way to get relief without another prescription I am all for it...

Till my next question
    Dawnie

Closed Thread