It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Fentanyl Patch with no adhesive

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
    shananava
    (female)

shananava HB User
    Fentanyl Patch with no adhesive

Never had this happen before. When I changed my patch today the new one had no adhesive. Has anyone ever had this happen? I am on Mylan's now. Used to be on Sandoz but had to switch pharmacies months ago due to a snotty pharmacist that refused to fill for 48 hour change instead of 72 hrs.(another bad story). Those didnt stick to me as well anyway. I just flushed that one as I have enough so I wont run out before next fill. Just thought Id put it out that that this happened.
    Shannon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
    Re: Fentanyl Patch with no adhesive

I would call the customer service number listed on the box of the Mylan patches and tell them about this. I would also call your pharmacy and tell them about this as well just so they know and maybe other patients are having similar problems.

Brian

P.S. You can always request that your pharmacy order the Sandoz brand of patches. You would probably need to tell them a week in advance of you needing them so they could get them in time for you.

Last edited by brianpain33; 07-10-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Brian has given you some great advice. Since you flushed it, what's done is done. I would still call your pharmacy and ask to speak to the pharmacist just to let them know so they can pool information in case someone else had a similar experience. I would also let your Doc know.

In the Mylan brand, the glue, med, & by products are all mixed together in one mass....Thus, what you've experienced is unusual. I'd keep my eye out on this box of patches to make sure they work correctly. If you suspect something, retain them so you can send them back to the company for analysis.

As Brian said, ask your pharmacy to order the Sandoz for you if possible. Watson is also a good brand to try. Both are gel filled products (like the Duragesic brand product) and much different than the Mylan.

Regards,

Ex

Old 07-11-2008, 04:51 AM   #4
    shananava
    (female)

shananava HB User

I have had good luck with Watson generics with my other meds, work better than alot of brands. Do you know if this is the case with the patches too? I will watch the rest of this box. I have seemed to have felt different this week on this box of patches. Thanks,
    Shannon

Closed Thread