It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Please Help, I don't know what's wrong with me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #16
    butrfligirl28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
    Re: Please Help, I don't know what's wrong with me

Hi Everyone,

For those of you waiting to hear from the doctor's, I am sorry I did not post until now. I was too exhausted and in too much pain. I was very unhappy with the results of this much anticipated doctors appt. I updated the appointment on my other post. Please read it if you want.

The OBGYN's tech did the ultrasound. My uterus was turned completely the wrong way. It is supposed to lay horizontal, and mine is vertical. (The tech did not know why, but I know it's a clear indication of scar tissue and adhesions). She could not find my left ovary at all, just stated that it was "not where is was supposed to me." She did an abdominal and vaginal ultrasound trying to see it, but never could.

Of course the first thing out of her mouth, was that this test was not painful. I have been through such hell, it is hard to not hate someone so idiotic. Of course it hurt, and I was gasping trying to get through it. She found my right ovary and there are TWO cysts now, not the one cyst found in the CAT scan 9 days earlier. One is inside the ovary, the other is attached to the outside of the ovary, but right on top of the other one. They are each 4cm, for a total of 8cm.

Long story short, the OB said that these cysts were fine, and no need to even watch them. She said that she did not think they were causing my nausea, vomiting, or pain. She stated that I needed to lose weight, and that I needed to have a period since I have not had one since May. She wanted to put me on some horomones to "bring one on". I looked at her like she was crazy! My periods are one of the most excrutiating things I go through. All in all, she said my pain must be from the surgery, and to see the surgeon. They all just want to pass me off.

I went to the coumadin clinic for my bloodclot. Well my blood is not thin enough, so now I have to give myself some every painful shots in the stomach. (Yep, the same stomach that is in agony from nerve pain, muscle pain, pelvic pain, you name it!) I saw my GP after this, and I was in so much pain, and so stressed that my BP was 171/113. (I do not have high blood pressure). My GP said that there is really nothing he can do, I am already on way too much pain medication, and he does not know what to do for me.

I cried all the way home. Work called and left me nasty messages about I better have this excuse and that excuse first thing Monday....blah, blah, blah. My pain was so bad, and I just could rest or get comfortable. Then, the unthinkable happens......I started my period! What terrible timing, not that there is even a good time for excrutiating pain, but..... I was up all night, then this morning I see that I am bleeding extremely heavily. I call the coumadin place, no one to call on weekends! I finally talked to my pharmacist who just tells me to look out for lightheadedness and fainting.

What is wrong with me? Will I ever get well? Thanks for listening.

Your Friend,

Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
    cmpgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmpgirl HB User

Amanda, I was going to add more to the new thread, but since what I have to say pertains to what you have posted here as well, I'll post here.

First, I don't understand why the GYN is passing off this pain as a result of your surgery. I am flabberghasted that she does not seem to realize how excrutiating it can be to have a twisted ovary, a tilted uterus and ovarian cysts!!!! Is she new to this field?? I just don't get it.

Also, about work. You might think what I am about to say is crazy, but I would just tell these people to go to, well, you know where. It is just not worth the stress and anxiety. It is so unprofessional and petty and wrong! Maybe you should just let them fire you and collect unemployment while you are building a descrimination case against them. No joke....I'm totally serious. And right now, it is the last thing you need to be dealing with. Did any of these docs even give you a work excuse? I certainly hope so, after all you went through yesterday.

As I said in the other thread, please make sure you have someone with you at all times. I am so afraid for you to be alone right now. I'll keep praying and sending positive thoughts your way. I am so sorry you are having to endure this. You are such a wonderful person and you don't deserve this. Keep us posted when you can. Hugs, hugs and more hugs, CMP/MM

Old 07-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #18
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I posted in your other thread too. Please listen to the gang, the time for being nice has ended, scream your head off until they help you!
    I hope to hear later that you laid down with your feet higher than your head and waited for someone to drive you to er, where they treated your pain and then gentley found the problem and treated it or made steps to treat it. and that your doctor was told to either prescribe for your pain, or get you to someone who could pronto, as in yesterday!

Hang in there kiddo, we are all behind you. dont take any guff.

Your Friend, Fabby

Old 07-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #19
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Posted on other thread....Bumping~

Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #20
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Gosh Amanda, I feel so dang sorry for you, what is up with some of these doctors. My periods are the same, torture & actually get a nervous wreck because I know the extra pain involved & my pain meds dont help that pain. So once agian I feel for you. I am ready to ask my doctors to do a procedure to stop my cycles. This is to much to expect you to go through all of this, then stress at work to top it all off. I will pray that things turn around for you. You need a break here. My heart goes out to you more then I can say. Sammy

Old 07-21-2008, 05:05 AM   #21
    Cat Az
    (female)

Cat Az HB User

Have you been checked for a tubal or molar pregnancy? Or endometriosis. I know what it feels like when your in so much pain. How about a pain management clinic? Doctors need to stop downplaying pain issues. God bless, I hope they find out what is going on.

Closed Thread