It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Does Oxycontin have Tylenol or Ibuprofen in it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
    kerry63
    (female)

kerry63 HB User
    Question Does Oxycontin have Tylenol or Ibuprofen in it?

Does Oxycontin have Tylenol or Ibuprofen in it? My doctor wants me off the Norco because of the tylenol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Re: Does Oxycontin have Tylenol or Ibuprofen in it?

Hi Kerry, There is no tylenol is OxyContin, MSContin, or any of the long acting opiates available. OxyC is the long acting version of oxycodone. MScontin is the 8 hour version of morphine. Kadian is a 12 hour version of morphine, Avinza is the 24 hour version of morphine. Then there is Opana, the long acting version of oxymorphone. Duragesic is the fentanyl patch that last 48-72 hours. If your in Canada, There is a long acting version of dilaudid called HydromorphContin and a long acting version of Codeine called Codeine contin. Contin basically means continued release and is Purdue Pharmas' patented delievery method.
    Good luck, Dave

Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
    Ana80
    (female)

Ana80 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kerry63 View Post
    Does Oxycontin have Tylenol or Ibuprofen in it? My doctor wants me off the Norco because of the tylenol.
    nope, it does not.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
    slipperyslope
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

slipperyslope HB User

There is NO tylenol in Oxycontin what so ever. Oxy is a very good pain control medication I was on it for 3 years and it did me well.

I really hope you can get to a New Dr and find some help with your current situation. If you have GP Dr, that is a good place to start looking for a new PM Dr as you will need a referral. Also your GP might be willing to help you with pain medication as mine takes care of my needs... Right now I am seeing a PM Dr because I have just switched my medication from Oxycontin to MS Contin. I will be going back to my GP in a few months.

Take care, SS

Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
    kerry63
    (female)

kerry63 HB User

Thanks to everyone for their help! I am just waiting for my disability to go through and then I am switching doctors, but cannot risk messing anything up at this point, but need to get something worked out. I am hoping that he will work with me on this, I see him on Monday.

Closed Thread