It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• why can't you drink alcohol with vicoden

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
    georgann fohner

why can't you drink alcohol with vicoden

why can't you drink alcohol with vicoden

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
    momzworkin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
    Re: why can't you drink alcohol with vicoden

I am not an expert but I believe it creates and adverse affect and can really make problems for your liver. Ask your doctor.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
    Rrector
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rrector HB UserRrector HB User

It's not a good idea to drink alcohol with any narcotic medication, because the alcohol will potentate the effects of the med you are taking. In this case Hydrocodone, will have increased effect when combining alcohol with it. You could even OD when doing this, if the dose and the alcohol levels are high enough. To be sure, just don't do it!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:34 AM   #4
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

opiates cause respirtory supression, so does alcohol, when you combine the 2 you end up with twice the risk you could stop breathing, Both meds supress the part of the brain that keeps your body breathing. Instead of 1+1=2 you end up with a potentially lethal equation that looks like 1+1= 3,

***REMOVED***Dave

Last edited by M08; 12-14-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Per posting rules, public figure discussions are disallowed.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

alcohol and tylenol should NEVER ever be mixed since they both are metabolized in the liver,and both hit that liver kind of hard at that. it gives the liver kind of a double whammy effect. people have actually gone into liver failure with just one big dose of tylenol mixed with alcohol. there is now a BIG warning on every single bottle of tylenol now for this very reason. besides the additive affect of just mixing the narcotic with alcohol,it could be toxic to to your liver too. just not a good thing at all. this can also effect your kidneys too. but that liver gets the bigger hit.

believe it or not,there are actually people waiting on that transplant list for new livers who 'only" mixed tylenol and alcohol(even just the one time). depending upon 'your' individual physiology and how much of both you took in at one time,it could be enough to place your liver into failure,or cause massive liver cell damage too much at a time for your liver to handle. tylenol is just not that little innocuous drug we used to think it was all these years. better safe than sorry here. just do not ever mix the two drugs at the same time or within four hours of each other. how these two things,taken at the same time will actually affect an individual takes in alot of differing factors. just be very very careful. Marcia

Closed Thread