It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• My Current Pain Story

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
    backpain19
    (male)

backpain19 HB User
    My Current Pain Story

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I joined up to discuss my problem and hopefully get some input.

Well, here it is, my pain management story. Actually, failed pain management LOL.

Two months ago, I was t-boned by a lady in a large SUV, my coupe was totaled. I went to the emergency room to get checked out because I get my head and I started to feel some pain in my back. They examined me, gave me a X-ray, and prescribed my 3 medicines. Excuse my spelling if I destroy these names, flexerol, ibuprofen 800mg and oxycodone 5mg.

The next day I woke up and the pain was terrible, I was stiff, sore, and my back was just painful overall. I also was getting this pinching sensation in my back that shot this sharp pain through my back. So, the next day I followed up with my family doctor. He told me that I was fine and that the pain would go away over the next couple weeks. I was given a packet with various stretches to perform to help my back (I guess). So, over the next two months the pain continued. The stiffness got a little better, but the sharp pains and the back soreness are still existent. Keep in mind, I am a young teen, 19 years old, very active. Before my accident I was a daily commuter to the gym on base, roughly 3-4 a week, at least. Now, since my accident, I haven't been but two times, the first time was about three weeks after my accident. I began to workout but my back pain kicked it and I couldn't take it. The second time was about a week ago, again, I tried to work out with some lightweights, yet, the pain just comes back in full force. I perform the stretches on a daily basis in hopes that it is helping to subside some of the pain. As for the doctor I haven't been back since the first time, is there a point in going back? He told me there is nothing wrong, will he just tell me the same thing? As far as medication goes, I haven't been prescribed anything since. At the ER they gave me about 2 weeks worth of medication. So what are my options? Chiropractor? Return to the family doctor? I'd appreciate any advice, also I'd if you have been in a similar situation I would like to hear how you went about it. THANKS in advance for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
    PNo
    Inactive
    (female)

PNo HB User
    Re: My Current Pain Story

Sorry your back hurts. You didn't have an MRI at the ER? An xray is only going to show bones, to be thorough after such an impact accident you really need an MRI. Especially because you are young and the pain continues it is time to go back to your primary care doctor and get it checked out.

Where is the pain exactly describe it and location.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
    backpain19
    (male)

backpain19 HB User

No need to be sorry, thank you though. Well, the pinching is located slightly to the right of my spine, about center vertically. Then just sends a sharp pain throughout my back. The soreness and pretty much consists of the lower and mid parts of my back. The majority of the pain starting from the spine area and extending 4 or 5 inches gradually. I'm not very good at explaining it. Sometimes even the tops of my shoulders and my neck are irritating and stiff. Not sure if thats related or not. No, I did not have a MRI done in the ER. My primary doctor didn't feel it necessary to have it done. He seemed to think the X-ray would suffice, IDK. Maybe he thought I was exaggerating. Truth is, I have a relatively high tolerance for pain, let me tell you, this bothers me. Some nights I can't even fall asleep because I cant lay down flat. I have to kinda prop myself up. I have a attorney for the accident, he is referring me to a doctor, the type of doctors starts with a 'C' I believe. Not chiropractor.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
    eyesworld
    Veteran
    (female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

you need to see an orthopaedic doctor

Closed Thread