It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Parsonage Turner Syndrome

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
    arianatheodora
    (female)

arianatheodora HB User
    Post Parsonage Turner Syndrome

Hi, I was diagnosed with PTS (Parsonage Turner Syndrome) when I was 15. I can describe the pain to you, but noone can understand until they experience it. The pain felt like my arm was being ripped off and crushed all at the same time. This went on for weeks. I could not sleep, I could not do anything but think about the pain I was feeling. I begin to develop additional shocks of nerve pain that would travel down my arm at all times of the day. My shoulder began to flatten until it looked like a shrunken boney shoulder, where i had once been strong. Then the weakness came. I couldn't even lift chapstick up to my lips. My recovery has never been complete. The hereditary form is suspected in my case and I have had several attacks. It is by far the worst thing that i have experienced. The worst pain I have ever felt and i have had a child. My mom, my twin and I have all had it. Very young children can get the hereditary form and all I can think is how long until my own daughter gets it. It's a freaking curse, there is nothing out there that can ever help the pain. All those drugs you are taking won't help if you have PTS. Believe me, i tried everything there was, legal or illegal. The best you can do is hope to pass out so you won't have to feel it. Sorry for the bad news, but if you have it....that's the truth of it.

Last edited by arianatheodora; 07-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread