It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Low Testosterone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #16
    Leo123
    Veteran
    (male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
    Re: Low Testosterone

He is definitley low, but what I'm saying is I'm fairly sure the number he is at the doctor will not clasify as hypogandism.(Spell?)

The fact that he is only less than 150 points from the median/mean average of guys in his range group of crourse means that he is lower than normal and getting some extra T- treatment might indeed help XBOX feek better.

I'm just think that the doc won;t start him on T-therapy because his levels are I guess what you would call high low and if he were take androgel (using the 5 gram min), I would be concerned that they would make his T-levels go way off the chart. I mean I take 5 grams a day and I'll know for sure soon (I just took another bbut i think my levels might be in the or near the 1000's range.

To XBOX it might raise his into the mid 1000's.He almost has 500 T-level count. Most people who start on the gel I understand are with a 0 - 250 count.

I dont know I;m not a doc, all I know is I agree his T-levels are low, i just don't know if his doc will do anthing.

XBOX remember if the doc tells you that you are normal with your T-level. Make sure you show him you are eductaed and tell him "yeah normal for an 80 year old" and that you feel you would like to try some sort of T treatment and see that helps some of the problems you've been having with the way you feel. (Ex eductaed me on this, the Dr. tried to tell me that I'm only slightly below noraml with a 238)

- cause again I'm pretty the Dr. will try to tell your T-levels are normal as most doc's have this thing were they see a normal range as being 250 - 900 and if your in that range they call you normal, and you are in the upper half the range.-

Last edited by Leo123; 08-27-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #17
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leo123 View Post

He is definitley low, but what I'm saying is I'm fairly sure the number he is at the doctor will not clasify as hypogandism.(Spell?)
    As I stated earlier, he has a T level of a 75-80 yr old man. This is completely unacceptable for a 29 year old male. Any Doc who truly understands Hypogonadism will properly treat him as such.

Quote:

I'm just think that the doc won;t start him on T-therapy because his levels are I guess what you would call high low and if he were take androgel (using the 5 gram min), I would be concerned that they would make his T-levels go way off the chart. I mean I take 5 grams a day and I'll know for sure soon (I just took another bbut i think my levels might be in the or near the 1000's range.
    A 5g dose per day will probably only raise someone 150-200 pts max. This is after they settle in and become stabilized. Also, it's critical to understand that the numbers are only a general indication. Most Docs who truly understand HRT will tell you that they treat the symptoms and not the number. Two people can be about the same age, weight, height, and etc....And same T #s.....And one feels good and the other doesn't. Some people need higher T levels than others to function properly.

Conversely, the opposite is true. Many people with low T #s never seek treatment, or decline treatment because they feel fine. When treating someone for HRT, Docs will use the test results in conjunction with the patients testimony.

Quote:

XBOX remember if the doc tells you that you are normal with your T-level. Make sure you show him you are eductaed and tell him "yeah normal for an 80 year old" and that you feel you would like to try some sort of T treatment and see that helps some of the problems you've been having with the way you feel. (Ex eductaed me on this, the Dr. tried to tell me that I'm only slightly below noraml with a 238)

- cause again I'm pretty the Dr. will try to tell your T-levels are normal as most doc's have this thing were they see a normal range as being 250 - 900 and if your in that range they call you normal, and you are in the upper half the range.-
    It all depends on the Doc who treats the patient. Those Docs who truly understand Hypogonadism will know that these results are very low....And likely to go even lower due to his medications. As the medications increase, so do the side effects, or in this case low T.

However, if he is treated by a GP who doesn't really understand HRT, then yes, he very well may get the same story others have and that's the "low average" pitch.

Best of luck,

Ex

Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
    XBOX4EVR
    (male)

XBOX4EVR HB User

Guys when I put down the other number that was 4 years ago.
    My T-Lvl when i checked it last was at 193 but i took that at 6 oclock in the afternoon. After working out solid for 2 weeks I had my t-lvl checked first thing in the morning. It came back today, these are my results. I take 4 - 5 norco per day if that helps anyone.

TESTOSTERONE FREE 110.7 <--- mine - 35.0-155.0 pg/mL
    TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 494 <--- mine - 250-1100 ng/dL

Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
    Leo123
    Veteran
    (male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User

Honsetly your low, but I don't think your that bad, even though like Ex said you should be in the 700 range.

Have you spoken to your doctor about these results yet.

What are your symptoms again?

Closed Thread