It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• First Day On Androgel

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
    Leo123
    Veteran
    (male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
    Smile First Day On Androgel

I know this should probably be on the Men Health Board.

But anyways I put it on a little yesterday and then this morning and while today is better I noticed a slight headache.

Has anyone here who used or know someone who used androgel experienced any headaches.

But the light headache aside, I have to admit that today Ilm feeling better than I have in a long time. Way more energetic and better mood.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
    stymie82
    (male)

stymie82 HB User
    Re: First Day On Androgel

Hi Leo, been using Androgel for about a year and a half. Never had a headache or any other kind of side effect from using the drug. Hope you get used to it and it makes your life better

Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
    Leo123
    Veteran
    (male)

Stymie82,

How has the anodrgel worked for you?

Today I feel so much more energetic, I just finished lunch and normally after lunch, I'm really having to drag myself. (i mean I could fall asleep where I stand) And today right after lunch only a very slight tired feeling if any. It's almost incredible. Do you think I can be feeling such affects so fast or do you think it's all in my mind?

Note: When i put the gel on this morning within a few minutes of doing so my body got this like rush feeling and my heart even like speed up for a minute. It felt to me like I was getting rush from the Testosterone getting into my blodd stream. Not like a **high** type rush, well maybe a little like that.
    - Have you felt anything like that before as well?-

Last edited by Leo123; 08-20-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
    marbelmo
    (male)

marbelmo HB User

I would say due to the build up action of androgel you are getting a placebo effect.
    But, hey, go with it and wait until the real effects strat falling into place. You should start feeling much better in about a month.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leo123 View Post

When i put the gel on this morning within a few minutes of doing so my body got this like rush feeling and my heart even like speed up for a minute. It felt to me like I was getting rush from the Testosterone getting into my blodd stream. Not like a **high** type rush, well maybe a little like that.
    - Have you felt anything like that before as well?-
    This is very normal and typical when you first start. This will subside after a week or so. My husband also got a "flushed" face at first....For 2-3 days. Again, very normal.

Ex

Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

I don't necessarily remember getting flushed, but a slight increase in heart rate (the first week) and maybe a slight headache too but they both went away and I don't feel anything now. That is why they say to put it on in the morning around the same time, preferably after taking a shower so it stays on the whole day.

brian
    p.s. Keep in mind what the directions say about transfer from a man to a woman.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
    mr ben
    (male)

mr ben HB User

Hi guys, my 3rd day on Androgel and I can notice that my energy has gone up slightly. I don't have that headachey tired feeling when I wake up out of bed anymore. Actually I felt good this morning when I woke up. My T levels were around 350. So the doctor prescribed me 5 grams of androgel. We'll see how it works for me in the following days.
    Ben

Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Best of luck to you. I'll be curious to hear your feedback after a week or so. Many report that they sleep better also.

Regards,

Ex

Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
    mr ben
    (male)

mr ben HB User

Hello everyone. I'am a little dissappointed. My 4th day on androgel and I feel the opposite as I did on day 3. I have this sluggish feeling (was so tired I took a 2 hour nap from 10 AM to 12 PM). I have to leave for work at 2 PM so I am hoping I get my energy back. I would love to take a shower again but I put on the androgel 4 1/2 hours ago. Can't get rid of this sleepy feeling. Is this normal?

Last edited by mr ben; 09-03-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
    Leo123
    Veteran
    (male)

Mr Ben,

it does take sometime for it to fully kick in.

Even though my energy levels are way up compared to what they were prior to the androgel I still feel sluggish at time myself.

But I have to admit less and less sluggish as times goes on. Of course it will only be 3 weeks tomorrow that I've been on the stuff.

So yeah give it some more time you will feel better. And if after a few weeks you don;t notice any improvement to your energy levels talk to your doc you may be on too low a dose or it may not be absorbing well. The doc may want to recheck your T levels and then decide how to adjust then if T levels are still showing below normal say after a month or two time. But I think according to Ex you really need to be on this at least a couple of months to know how your body and T levels are reacting, and then make a dosage adjustment then.

Also you sluggishness or low energy levels maybe someting just unrelated to T level if they are coming back as normal T level for your age and yet you are still feeling very sluggish "after a few months", which I think you need that amount of time at least to say its helping your energy levels.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
    mr ben
    (male)

mr ben HB User

thanks leo. I have to see the doctor on Sept 30 for a follow up so I assume he will check my T levels again. Like you said, it will probably be a while for this stuff to kick in. hoping for the best.

Closed Thread