It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Possible Urine Neg for prescription will I be dismissed?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #31
    LuvMyPittie
    (female)

LuvMyPittie HB User
    Re: Possible Urine Neg for prescription will I be dismissed?

[QUOTE=Executor;4064228]
    The good news is that you must be a trusted patient for your Doc to give you three months worth of meds via post dated scripts.

Yeah !!..My PM would NEVER EVER write 3 months worth !!.... Is this common ?? I've never heard of it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #32
    LuvMyPittie
    (female)

LuvMyPittie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tattoos View Post
    Just wanted to comment on the drug testing. My PM does a VERY extensive test. I was sent a bill for over $1,000 almost $1,500. On the lab "receipt" it was broken down with the chain of command and the cost for each step of the process. It was a VERY LONG list. It isn't just a positive negative test, it does look for amount of the narcotic(s) and if the level is consistent with your prescribed dose and how you take the meds daily. It tested for about 80 drugs (some by generic and name brand???not sure what that means). So it looked for the presence and level of both narcotic and non narcotic meds.

Just got my bill from Ameritox , and like you tatoos, it was close to 1500...Like 1459 or something....When I went to get my scripts 2 months ago, they said drug test..I said OK, but I have no insurance, laid off in April...nurse was like OK....Anywho, got the bill and was floored.. ( have been tested before but didnt look at it because I had insurance that paid all of it)....At the bottom of my bill had a place to write that you cant pay for it be...." "....So I did my woe is me ....We'll see what they say.... And I too had a zillion lines of whatever they tested for !

Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #33
    pmtest
    (female)

pmtest HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuvMyPittie View Post
    Just got my bill from Ameritox , and like you tatoos, it was close to 1500...Like 1459 or something....When I went to get my scripts 2 months ago, they said drug test..I said OK, but I have no insurance, laid off in April...nurse was like OK....Anywho, got the bill and was floored.. ( have been tested before but didnt look at it because I had insurance that paid all of it)....At the bottom of my bill had a place to write that you cant pay for it be...." "....So I did my woe is me ....We'll see what they say.... And I too had a zillion lines of whatever they tested for !

I posted this on another thread last night, but thought i would add it here too since your situation was like mine.

I was drug tested back in April, which for whatever reason was just filed, and the total cost of the test was 1508. WOW!!!!!! That is crazy. I have discussed this in a post a few months back, so I thought I would mention it. My insurance does cover a large portion but I still owe 459, which is still a lot of money to me. I have not actually recd the bill from my dr, but received the EOB from my insurance. I just can not believe what WE have to pay just so that they can be sure we are doing what we are suppose to do. I also had a lot of different lines on my EOB but there was not any detail as to what they were for???

Closed Thread