It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• A further request for help re FENTANYL - PLEASE!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
    Dagswe21
    (male)

Dagswe21 HB User
    A further request for help re FENTANYL - PLEASE!!!!

Hello all.

As you may have noticed, I am new to the group, but my question is this.

I know it is a very long shot, but here goes....

I live in Kent, just south of London, UK.

I have been using fentanyl patches for about 18 months to help with very severe back, neck and bone pain, caused by an underlying condition I have. They are nothing short of MIRACULOUS. Before, I took huge amounts of NSAIDs, codeine-based drugs.... you name the drug, I likely tried it, with little success!!

I am now on 100 micro-gram/hr patches, and they have saved my life from the slavery of pain.

HOWEVER, since near the start, I have always used Fentalis Reservoir Transdermal Patches. This is because I tried various "Matrix"- type patches, but they all caused extreme irritation, itching and redness. This made me scratch round them, so the edges started peeling off. It wa a disaster.

Th Reservoir type were perfect. However, my local pharmacy has stopped stocking them!! last week, I had a 75-mg/h and a 25-mg/h patch and combined the two to make th dose; hardly ideal.

I have been told that different pharmacies here in the UK stock different products. Are there any UK readers, from Kent, who get their RESERVOIR patches from a pharmacy which still stocks them?

I warned it would be a long shot!!! Any help/advice is GREATLY appreciated.

* email address and/or contact information removed by hb-mod, moderator *

Thank you, and remeber, stay strong, everybody.

MG

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-18-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Please don't post your email address, per Posting Policy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
    shananava
    (female)

shananava HB User
    Re: A further request for help re FENTANYL - PLEASE!!!!

You may just have to call around, I had to when I wanted the gel patches ( sandoz or watson brands are generics) , mylan is the one you are talking about giving u issues. It did the same thing to me. Some pharmacists willl order for you. Some just say they cannot. The Mylan brand is cheaper for them.
    Shannon

Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #3
    guy in AU
    (male)

guy in AU HB User

If you give your pharmacist a bit of notice, there isnt any reason he couldnt order them in for you = indeed, if your doctor writes the prescription for that particular brand, and endorses it "do not substitute" or words to that effect, the pharmacist is legaly obliged to supply you with that particular brand/form.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
    Boxerluver
    Inactive
    (female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User

From my understanding, Mylan is a generic and generics can have 20% less meds in them and still be approved. Duragesic has now come out with the design similiar to Mylan's with the med in the adhesive. From what I have heard it is harder to abuse this kind so I am assuming they will all go to this eventually. If you can get Duragesic, you will know that all the med is there. If it's an itchy, allergy type reaction, get flonase or a similiar allergy nose spray. Spray it on the areas where you are going to put the patch, let it dry and apply patch. This completely stopped the redness, sores and itching I would get from the adhesive.

Melissa

Closed Thread