It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• desperate for a florida doctor

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
    patriciat2110
    (female)

patriciat2110 HB User
    Talking desperate for a florida doctor

i have been in pain management since i had a lapryscopic hystorectomy about 7 years ago, i had a huge fibroid in my uterus and had heavy bleeding every month when my period came, my doctor said the only way to fix the problem was to have surgery so surgery i had, boy was that a mistake, my problems started the day after the surgery with more pain then i had ever experienced in my life and i've had three children so i thought i knew pain in its most extreme, labor is no fun, any ways i contacted my doctor that did my surgery and tried to explain what was going on and how much pain i was in and he just kept telling me its normal relax, but this pain it was not normal. i contacted him back again now day two after my surgery and he finally agreed to see me, so my husband took me to the doctors office and my doctor spent 2 minutes looking me over and said everything's healing up ok, i knew this was not true but what could i do he's the doctor so my husband took me back home and back to bed i went, well its now day three and i feel like i'm dying i can't move the pain is so bad, now by this time my husband can't help me even get out of bed so he call's 911 and the paramedics come and get me on to a stretcher, into the ambulance and away we go to the hospital when we get there they start all the normal work up procedures and contact my doctor when he see's me and does his examine its found i have a staff infection in one of the surgical sites and the only thing they can due is to clean out all the infection so my doctor brings an anesthesiologist to my bedside and says can we just clean it out here in the emergency room the anesthesiologists eyes about pop completely out of his head when he hears this, he's shaking his head at me like did i just hear this right, lets just say he was shocked beyond belief and so i said no way get me into an operating room and do it right, so both doctors take me in and do emergency surgery to clean out the staff infection. when i wake up i've been put into a quarantined isolation room and put i.v. antibiotics and god knows what else to help with the pain, so this now turns into a two week stay in isolation, and just when i think i'm being sent home they drop the bomb were transferring you to a nursing home facility for continued care, my husband says no way i say are you crazy, and it's finally determined after much ado, i'm going home and my husbands going to play nurse to me, so they send me home and a nurse is contacted to come to my home and take care of me and teach my husband how to do the i.v. stuff and the wound debriement which must be done twice a day boy did i feel sorry for my husband this was not in the contract, ha ha. i wouldn't wish that job on anybody and so after a number of more trips back in and out of the hospital for more problems then i can keep track of i finally start healing, very slow healing so slow and weak i was at this point i needed two i.v. blood transfusions to help me get my strength back, at the start before any surgery had been done I was told that i would be back to work in about 10-12 days i thought that sounded great and i believed him. what it ended up being was a nightmare i'm still living to this day my pain from start to finish has been incredible i was put with a pain management doctor in the hospital because all i could do was cry uncontrollable from the minute the surgery ended to this day the pain management doctor tried every treatment know to him to relieve my pain, i finally had a medtronic spinal gadget implanted in my back by the doctor who in my opinion saved my life from a butcher of a doctor who started this nightmare, and now my nightmare has started all over again, i really loved my pain management doctor that saved my life many years ago, between the implanted gadget and the oral pain medication i actually thought this doctor was a god the treatment plan he found for me was and is working, but back in november of 2009 i showed up for an appointment and they started drug testing i said fine i have absolutely nothing to hide i took the medications that were given to me by my doctor daily and figured all was ok, but that was not to be, i was told i failed the urine drug test and that i had marijuana in my system, i thought they were kidding but they weren't they read me the riot act i tried to tell them i must be a mistake but they didn't believe me, they gave me a months medications and i went home totally baffeled i tried and tried to figure out how i could have tested positive for marijuana i really needed a friend to talk to so i called my best friend and told her my story she got really quite and then told me that at the halloween party she through when of the party guest brought some brownies laced with marijuana which i had no knowledge of which really sucked because i was the biggest pig at the party and probably ate the whole pan of brownies by my self, so now i know how and where my life went wrong all she could do was to apologize over and over and over but that didn't do me any good. on my next appointment i figured by now i must be clean its the middle of january 2010 more then a month since my original urine drug test but i should have known that wasn't going to happen, i tested positive again, i didn't know that it took a long long time for marijuana to clear out of your system they read me they riot act again about testing positive i said that its got to be wrong its been since october 31, 2009 since i ate the brownies so they gave me my medication and i go home only to receive a letter from a doctor in the practice that i didn't know who never treated me and didn't know me and was told i was being released as a patient and i should start looking for a new pain management doctor/clinic, then in the letter i was told my original doctor wasn't with the practice anymore either, they gave me a months medications and a list of doctors and o yeah you should find a drug rehab treatment program at first i thought it was a joke, because the nurse who wrote the letter and the one i contacted back because i was in shock told me that i could write a letter to this doctor i didn't know asking to be reinstated and she said he probably would reinstate me he did not all he said was see you later bye and again said heres a list of doctors and that i should again go in to a drug rehab treatment program, i keep thinking for what i don't do illegal drugs of any kind it has been a month now and i'm freaking out because my pain is esculating and i need help ASAP and don't know where to go or who to see about my predictament i have contacted about 40+ doctors and they all say i'm sorry i can't help you i've even been reffered to the mayo clinic who have turned me away also whats a person to do in this situation, if any one has any suggestions i'm open to them please can anybody help me out so thats my story, so please help me somebody anybody it's just not fair that no doctor will take me as a pain managment patient i can't even get a primary care doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
    Boxerluver
    Inactive
    (female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User
    Re: desperate for a florida doctor

My first angry reaction is to sue the people who brought the brownies. How dare they do something that could affect someone's life?! I'd also consider suing the people who had the party! I know they are not responsible unless they knew and even then. It makes me so mad when people don't think and their actions have dire consequences on other people.

Where in Florida are you?

Melyssa

Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
    Cindy89
    (female)

Cindy89 HB User

Hi Patricia
    Iam also going through a similar situation. I had hysteretomy a few years ago because of fibroids. recently i have been experiencing abdominal and back pain. i went to the doctor he says he doesnot know what the problem is but he sent me to the gyn. which i would see at the end of the month. My problem include bloating gas constipation and other problems. I am taking pain medicine but is is not helping much. there should be an explantion and solution to the problem. I am doing alot of research before my appiontment. One area iam concerned about is scar tissue from sugery if it can cause pain. iam planning my Q's for next appointment. ((Hugs)) to you

Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
    patriciat2110
    (female)

patriciat2110 HB User

i live in palm coast, florida 32137. my problem is so much deeper then you can even imagine. it and everything that happened was in maryland....

Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
    patriciat2110
    (female)

patriciat2110 HB User

good luck to you, they called part of my condition genitalfermeral nerve damage. and a couple of other things which i didn't and still don't understand.

Closed Thread