It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Dysesthesia/Allodynia.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2002, 08:35 PM   #1
    andraa2

andraa2 HB User
    Post Dysesthesia/Allodynia.

To whom it may concern,

After 5 long years i have finally been diagnosed. I am suffering from a form of Dysesthesia and/or Allodynia. My problem is I always have "cold and pain sensations", with goosebumps all over my whole body. I get so cold, my whole body is in pain from it, this is when the days are cold, i freeze while i am wearing clothes but i feel better when i take my clothes off, (relief from pain) my body feels more normal when i'm not wearing any clothing or when i'm in the shower but as soon as i prepare for my day and get dressed the feeling i feel is of coldness and pain feelings come over me in about 5mins time. I've had this problem for a few years and nothing i try seems to work.
    I am a student at University and it very difficult to concentrate in class while feeling cold and painful all the time. I have seen and had tests from many medical profesionals including, a councilor,
    phyciatrist, hypnotheropist, skin & cancer foundation, naturapath and a neuorologist and Acupuncturist. As you see i've tried heaps of angles to deal with my problem and i am wondering if anybody could help me or
    give me some insight or advice on how i can become free of this feeling i have.
    Are there any others that feel this way. I want to know how to manage this because it is really crippling my life.

Any information would be greatly appriciated,

Kind regards,
    andraa2.
    Melbourne, Australia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread