It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• DISPENSING METHADONE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2003, 05:47 AM   #1
    azrickwhip

azrickwhip HB User
    Question DISPENSING METHADONE

I go to a Methadone Clinic to get off of opiates. On Saturday's they give me a bottle to take home for Sunday. The dose amount is 50 mgs. I went to the pharmacy and got an eyedropper made for giving liquid meds to kids. The measurement's on it are in mls. Can somebody please tell me how to convert with that? What I want to do is take 40 mgs out of my methadone bottle and leave 10 mgs behind. But when I call the pharmacist they tell me liquids are measured in mls. How is methadone measured? Can somebody SMARTER out there please HELP ME with this? All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
    dchc OI

dchc OI HB User
    Do you take the red syrup or the white gritty stuff? Usually they disolve the pill in something. Sometimes they add stuff like Metamucil. If it's red, it might be the red discs. If it's white it could be Methadose pills or another form. Don't freak out if it looks like a different amount. They might put in a different amount of liquid. I'm no rocket scientist, but I'd shake the bottle and take 4/5th's if you want to take 40 out of 50 mgs.
    I did a search on google and came up with an article by the Mayo Clinic. They say in some induviduals, grapefruit juice increases it. Check it out yourself.

Old 03-18-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
    KittyKat24

KittyKat24 HB User
    Is there a prescription label on the bottle? Or is there somewhere on the bottle that tells you how many mL are in it? And where it says 50 mg is there another number next to it? Like 10 mg/1 mL or something like that?

[This message has been edited by KittyKat24 (edited 03-19-2003).]

Closed Thread