It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Drug overdose?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2003, 02:41 PM   #16
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Hey Cherel, Sorry I haven't had a chance to look for a chart that describes toxic doses.Being a heavy user means normal doesn't really count. If you can prove or find someone that can give legit testomony to how large his habbit was,it may help if some of these things are actually illegal in your state.

I would think his girlfriend was also his drug partner. It's just how those things tend to work. Unfortunately the thing they have in common can be lethal.

As far as this woman failing to render care it depends on what state you live in. I just watched a woman convicted for Failure to render care and murder when she drove her car and hit a homeless man and then parked the car in the garage with this guy bleeding to death sticking out of the windsheild.

She claimed it was the ecstacy that she had only taken twice in her life "yeah right" prevented her from making rational life or death decisions.She was a nursing assistant so had knowledge of medical care. Then she proceeded to pack her bag, dispose of the body and live at her partner in crime's house for two months and clean the car to remove any evidence. She just got 50 years in the texas prison system.

In Texas there are laws on the book that people can be punished for not rendering medical care. Call a local attny, that offers free consult and ask about this case. A cop doesn't neccesarily know every law, if he did he would then be a lawyer, correct?

You also have to remeber that Jim Bulushi's girlfriend was convicted for giving him the injection of heroin and cocaine that killed him. She may have been use to seeing him passed out from drugs but it doesn't excuse her lack of even trying to render care. There are laws that protect good samaritans too.

If I walk upon somone bleeding from a neck wound and apply enough pressure to keep him from dying but he ends up with brain damage I have done no wrong under the good samaritan laws. DA's are getting more and more aggresive when widening the scope of responsability and this is definitely worth pursuing.

It won't bring him back but it doesn't sound to remorseful to go back to bed when seeing someone hasn't moved from an awkward position in hours.

Not investigating this will just cost you evedence. Obviously the GF would start cleaning and removing items that may land her butt in jail. Something could go out in a trash pick up and be lost forever.

The more I think about it, there should be more than the standard investigation because your brother was tolerant. If there is poisonous junk on the street it needs to be removed and this girl likely knows who his connection is.

Anyway, I'm sorry and will look for the charts I mentioned. As far as the nordiazapam it was either taken as valium and this is the metabolite they look for or was taken as Clarazapate.Sorry if that wasn't clear in earlier post.

Docs records would show if he was doc shopping but all the answers won't bring him back. I've lost a brother and know it's devestating. Hang on to the ones you love and use them as your support group along with the friends you made here. Take care, Shoreline

[This message has been edited by Shoreline (edited 07-02-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2003, 05:51 AM   #17
    nix nooks

nix nooks HB User
    if you know what pharmacies your brother went to you might be able to ask the pharmacist for the complete list of all the medicine that was ever prescribed to him. I did that when my father died three years ago. We also got any records from the hospital, doctors,or any medical placed he had gone to. Even his asthma doctor. This might help. Also any tests that were ever run on him, blood, etc...you can get copies even x-rays you can get copies of.

Old 07-02-2003, 06:35 AM   #18
    Autumn Angel
    Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
    Dear Cheryl..I just wanted to drop a line and let you know I am praying for you as I have been since I met you at the Lung Cancer board. I truly understand what you are going through with Danny's death because of losing my boyfriend Steven but adding the uncertanty of your brothers death a week later I dont know how you have stayed this strong. You are a very strong caring woman and I am proud to know you. If there is anything I can do for you just drop a post ok? My love,prayers and continued support are always with you.
    Your friend
    Autumn.

Closed Thread