It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• mixing pain killers and imitrex?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2003, 03:18 PM   #1
    HockeyCrystal
    Veteran

HockeyCrystal HB User
    Exclamation mixing pain killers and imitrex?

I read about all the drug interactions that came with my imitrex, and I didn't see anything about mixing it with my pain meds, and my doctor didn't warn me about it or anything. But it was time to take my pain medicine, and I had a horrible migraine, so I took an Imitrex 50mg, and my percocet 7.5. Now I've got that high feeling I used to get before I got used to the meds.. And I feel funny...Does anyone know if you're not supposed to mix the two? Please help!

------------------
    - * HockeyCrystal * -

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User
    Hello. I get migraines and cluster headaches. I am chronic that means I get 8 headaches every day for the last 5 years. I am on disability for it. My dr. put me on methadone 8 months ago and I have been pain free since then. I was taking imitrix 4x a day everyday and then taking percacet or vicadin for 8 hours a day for pain management. I did that for 5 years. There were many times that I took the percacet and imitrix together because the pain was that intense and the imitrix wouldn't get rid of the ha. You will be fine mixing the two medicines together dont worry. I even added valium to the mix for back pain so I was taking percacet, valium, ibuprofin, and methadone. I did that for a couple of weeks. Good luck like I said youll be fine.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
    HockeyCrystal
    Veteran

HockeyCrystal HB User
    Thanks Karla for your reply... I didn't think it would hurt anything, but I wanted to just check.. I'm sorry for your chronic headaches! I don't get clusters, but I get chronic migraines and tension headaches...It sucks, but I don't get them several times a day... The most I ever get in a day is 3, but usually once its gone it's gone in a day, then it will come back the next day or day after that. And my headaches get pretty bad, but I probably don't even compare to yours...So I'm sorry for what you have been through. I also am glad you're getting relief from them as well. Well I wish you luck, and thank you again for replying letting me know that this is ok. Thank you so much!

------------------
    - * HockeyCrystal * -

Closed Thread