It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• I need some answers. My doctor is a jerk!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2003, 08:54 AM   #1
    krissy8317

krissy8317 HB User
    Post I need some answers. My doctor is a jerk!!!!

Hey guys,
    Hope everyone is having a good day. I've been praying for everyone. WEll I need some advice and answers. First thoughs of you who are prescribed a breakthrough Pain med like percs or vicks, along with a regular long lasting 12hour pm how often do you have to take the BT meds a day?Can you give me some examples of strenghts & kinds of meds you take each day. I have been on oxycotin 20mg 2 times a day and 5mg oxicodone (for BT) since 7/18/03. My doctor didn't tell me how often I can take the BT everyday and gives me just 20 pills to last 10 days. First of all since 3/03 I have been having this madning problem w/ my pc where he had originally had me taking ocicodone 5 mg 1 every 12hrs, and kept giving me only 20 to last 10 days. So along w/ having to drive all the way down to get the prescription,then fill it then pick it up and pay money to get it every time, from the very beggining it has taken 2 to feel any relief, and of course it only lasts 4-6 hrs. So I would run out,end up crying in painand have to go to the ER. They would give me a Rx that said take 1-2 every 4-6 hrs, total of 30pills that said days supply 3. So FINNALLY after 4 days of no sleep,food, and double vision due to pain he put me on the 20 mg oxy. first few days worked good at reliving pain but didn't seem to last 12hrs to me. Then 5-7 days later started not working well at all.So know I don't know what to do at all PLEASE HELP!!! it has taken me so long to even get oxy, what do I do. Also how do I get him to RX enough to last me more than 10 days so I don't have to spend all this moneyfor no reason. I keep asking him but he doesnt get it, and also asked pain clinic to recomend giving me a longer supply but he hasn't. Thank you everyone for your time
    Kristin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2003, 10:21 AM   #2
    Pikkaso1980

Pikkaso1980 HB User
    Hey guys,
    Hope everyone is having a good day. I've been praying for everyone. WEll I need some advice and answers. First thoughs of you who are prescribed a breakthrough Pain med like percs or vicks, along with a regular long lasting 12hour pm how often do you have to take the BT meds a day?Can you give me some examples of strenghts & kinds of meds you take each day. I have been on oxycotin 20mg 2 times a day and 5mg oxicodone (for BT) since 7/18/03. My doctor didn't tell me how often I can take the BT everyday and gives me just 20 pills to last 10 days. First of all since 3/03 I have been having this madning problem w/ my pc where he had originally had me taking ocicodone 5 mg 1 every 12hrs, and kept giving me only 20 to last 10 days. So along w/ having to drive all the way down to get the prescription,then fill it then pick it up and pay money to get it every time, from the very beggining it has taken 2 to feel any relief, and of course it only lasts 4-6 hrs. So I would run out,end up crying in painand have to go to the ER. They would give me a Rx that said take 1-2 every 4-6 hrs, total of 30pills that said days supply 3. So FINNALLY after 4 days of no sleep,food, and double vision due to pain he put me on the 20 mg oxy. first few days worked good at reliving pain but didn't seem to last 12hrs to me. Then 5-7 days later started not working well at all.So know I don't know what to do at all PLEASE HELP!!! it has taken me so long to even get oxy, what do I do. Also how do I get him to RX enough to last me more than 10 days so I don't have to spend all this moneyfor no reason. I keep asking him but he doesnt get it, and also asked pain clinic to recomend giving me a longer supply but he hasn't. Thank you everyone for your time
    Kristin

Hey, Kristin
    First off what is going on with your pain, what happened?
    I think you should find a new pain doctor. I was on Oxy 40mgs BID and had 5mg lortab for BT it didn't work that well for me and I had bad Anxiety. they have put me on the Duragesic patch 50mcgs and it has taken a while to kick in but I think it is working well.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
    TDHZ28

TDHZ28 HB User
    I'm no dr., but sounds to me as if you would do better on the 40's, or a 3 a day dose. Your dose now is pretty low, when I complained my BT's were not cutting it so he quickly upped my oxy to 4 40's and now 6 a day with great relief. It all depends on how your doc wants to do it, But your base med is too low, IMHO. Good luck

------------------
    pain from cervical radiculopathy, spondy, permanent nerve damage, c5/6 buldging dics, DDD,nerve root lesions, anxiety.depression from chronic pain or vice versa. current meds,oxycontin 2 40's twice a day, oxyir for B/T, xanax, paxil, estratest, synthroid, phenergran.
    pain from cervical radiculopathy, spondy, permanent nerve damage, c5/6 buldging dics, DDD,nerve root lesions, anxiety.depression from chronic pain or vice versa. current meds,oxycontin 2 40's twice a day, oxyir for B/T, xanax, paxil, estratest, synthroid, phenergran.

Closed Thread