It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• knife-like pain in muscle next to shoulder blade?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2003, 05:35 PM   #31
    HockeyCrystal
    Veteran

HockeyCrystal HB User
    Okay everyone, I'm not going to say much cuz I'm in a lot of pain right now...

PITN- Thanks for your caring reply... It's nice when someone understands how you feel. I also want to apologize for Sara's reply to you... I think she was honestly just trying to help me, and feels offended at your long post...

Anyway, thank you again for caring so much to write such a long post telling me your opinions. Also thanks for standing up for me. Also, I've been told several times that I am rather "mature" for my age, so maybe you're right.. I'm not sure.. Hah... I mean sometimes I feel out of place here being basically the youngest person here.. Sara helped me a lot though, and she's young too, that's why I thought we were up above this petty bickering level... I hope things calm down, I don't like the stress of people arguing. I can't stand it.. The only time I like arguing is with my boyfriend cuz then my stress is all released...and he's just really supportive. I gotta go, the pain's getting really bad and I'm now crying...I'm waiting for my meds to kick in...if they do that is.... I'll write more later PITN. Again..Thank you so much for being here for me.

Sara, I won't even reply to you because you won't read this anyways.

Hope the pain gets better soon so I can stop crying..
    http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif you all, Crystal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 08:34 AM   #32
    Disavowed

Disavowed HB User
    Well...Pain in the neck!!...I am glad you posted and told us of your love affair with your room...because I now feel like I am ok....I agree with you....why wouldn't ones bedroom be an escape from the rest of the world? Today people are nesting more and the bedroom is the first place they need to start....It can be an oasis from the rest of the world when stress and the pressures of everyday life, not to mention when you are dealing with chronic pain, are closing in....I believe that the last year of my life has proven that dr's give text book quality advice most of the time, and the old info they are passing on about bedrooms and insomnia needs to be revamped....for instance...lots of people are into meditation and all kinds of relaxation methods...I can't imagine another room in the house that would offer me more privacy to do this in....I think all who love thier rooms should unite...we could hold a convention....and wear our pj's...and fuzzy slippers....we could swap stories of what great things we have discovered whilst laying across our "big brass beds".....I think anyone who is not loving their bedrooms are missing out on some good relaxin!! Bedroom Dwellers Unite!

Old 08-18-2003, 11:44 AM   #33
    painintheneck2

painintheneck2 HB User
    Talking

Crystal,
    You are so welcome. I knew I'd take some heat for that one!(lol) But, for some reason I just felt the need to take up for you. I didn't like the fact that sometimes people get angry in here then don't admit it and try and turn it all around on you. It's happened to me once before in here and no one ever says anything to the one that was, in my opinion, being mean, or rude or condescending

I didn't write that post to offend Sara, I just wanted to keep it "real". I won't even comment on her "get a life" statement. With 3 children, going to college, doing volunteer work, working on computers and being a professional cake decorator...I just don't have time to reply to her (lol). I was acually hoping to offend herniated35, lol!!

I hope your feeling better Crystal ((((BIG HUG))))

Disavowed: Thank you for your post!! I love how you manage to stay away from the bitterness and anger in here (lmao) . Your one classy lady! I also love your idea! I think your right about getting back into society and having a normal sleep pattern. The work I do, I don't have to get up early, so I usually stay up late, but now that I'm starting college I will have to go to bed earlier!! I'm glad I made you feel better! Oh and about the pajama convention...I'M THERE! I love my p.j.'s and fuzzy slippers.

~head on collision in 1999 (car totaled)
    ~badly sprained ankle, bruised chest cavity, whiplash
    ~month later, recovered
    ~month and one week later, couldn't move neck LOTS of pain and crying. Tingling in right index and middle finger. Pain down right arm, pain always in neck and in upper back between shoulder blades (burning). Legs also hurt at times.
    ~went to various docs, prescribed muscle relax. and pain meds on and off whenever I got a "flare up".
    ~found my doc 2 years ago, prescribed lortab. insurance wouldn't cover preexistin cond till 6 months lapsed
    ~doc said "you are having muscle spasms and will prob be on pain killers the rest of your life"
    ~later, doc started to question my pain
    ~told him to schedule MRI
    ~MRI showed herniated disk, bulging on right side at C5 & C6
    ~kept me on pain meds and referred me to a wonderful chiro.
    ~now seeing chiro and taking pain meds
    ~next step is epidural shot if chiro doesn't work.
    ~UPDATE: Aug 2003: Saw Doc., discussed tolerence to Lortabs; Discussed long acting meds and complete loss of sensation in right thumb up to first finger; and pain worse, + wake up with right arm "dead" often!
    ~Set up appt with Neuro
    ~Prescribed MS Contin 30 mg 2x day plus Lortab 10 5 per day for BT.
    ~ 1 wk later: bumped up to 60mg MS Contin 2x day
    ~ So far MS Contin works excellent. Pain level 0 to 1 for 8-10 hours
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-18-2003, 04:35 PM   #34
    Disavowed

Disavowed HB User
    Oh my gosh Pain....after starting school there will be no insomnia in your house...you will be out before you hit the bed....I went back to school when I was 35 and graduated at 38 with a family and working also...yikes, how did I do it all....you just find a way...but when it is over you will wonder that yourself...a cake decorator??? i am sooooo envious...I have been wanting for a very long time to learn to decorate with just the wilton roses etc....but it takes skill and slight of hand from what it appears....there is nothing prettier in life than a decorated cake, it is one of those things in life much like a cozy bed, fuzzy slippers and a remote control on a rainy day, that just makes you happy because it's there....thanks for the kind words....sounds like you have a full plate, but do take care of yourself when you start those classes....

Old 08-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #35
    HockeyCrystal
    Veteran

HockeyCrystal HB User
    PITN- I too was hoping you'd offend herniated35! And, again thank you. No one ever seems to stand up for me, so it's nice that someone finally has.. Anyways, I just woke up a little bit ago... I too will have to be going to bed earlier and getting on a better schedule so that I can start school on Thursday! 7:45pm is unacceptable to be WAKING! hahaha...

Anyway, I am hurting already pretty bad today, and it sucks because I can't take 6 pills everyday, due to the fact that I have to stretch my pills from last thursday until next monday, and I was only given 50, so thats about 4 pills a day....I'm not complaining or anything, I've just gotta keep a close eye on how many I take each day. I know it could be tons worse and not have ANY meds.. So thats why I'm not complaining. It's just going to be a little tough.

Well I hope everyone's having a great day..

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif
    Crystal (Another member of the Bedroom dwellers united)

Closed Thread