It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• HELP.....getting off dilauded

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2003, 12:34 PM   #1
    Dori4

Dori4 HB User
    Post HELP.....getting off dilauded

I was on 10 mg of methadone 3 times a day for the last 8 months. After the side effects were so bad I almost died I called my Dr and told him I wanted off this stuff. He said I needed to come off slowly so he switched me to 4 mg of dilauded 3 times a day. After about 24 hours like this I ended up in the ER. I was in the hospital for a week. I was on 4 mg dilauded every 4 hours by IV and every 6 by mouth.
    The Dr I saw in the hospital works with my Dr but he was not very nice infect calling me a liar that I was not having any withdrawals even though I was having terrible nausea and tremors and could hardly see and muscle spasms and pain and anxiety. He even sent me home with only enough dilauded xanax and nausea meds for 2 week. Even though I only get 3 prescriptions a month. I am now home and trying to get off dilauded. I am now today on 4 mg 4 times a day. But now experiencing pain in my back and joints. I have fibromyalgia and Marfan syndrome along with many others. I have heart rhythm problems and a few years ago had to have a dual chamber pacemaker in.
    But after saying all of that what I want is to find people who have been or are going through what I am. I need HELP!!!!! I want to know the best way to get off these meds and live a productive life. I am a single disabled mom. Thank the Lord my kids are teens. Please let me hear from any and all who can help. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User
    You may want to post on the addictions board and see if any one there has experience detoxing off of dilaudid and or methadone. I can't believe the dr. gave you that much dilaudid. That is a high dose. He basically switched you from one medicine to the other and did nothing to help you to get off the stuff. This is ridiculaous. I would talk to your dr. again about how to get off the dilaudid now or seek a second opinion.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:44 PM   #3
    Dori4

Dori4 HB User
    Smile

thanks Karla. I am really trying to get off this stuff. it is ashame that the dr has treated me this way. what happend was I was in the hospital and instead of getting to see my reg. dr I saw his associate. well I want off this stuff but my family which 2 of them are my legal medical power of attornies..anyways. I wasnt trying to have so much meds but they couldnt stand seeing me suffer so asked the nurses to give the iv meds..well the drs noted were so messy they messed everything up. the dr came in the next day and called me a liar and said I say one thing that I want off the meds but keep asking for them..which it was my family. anyways I am at my moms now and only on dilauded 4 mg every 6 hours now and doing pretty good besides the horrible pain and nausia. I have found that 25mg of phinegrine in the a.m. after a few hours helps this. I wish to God I would have known how my body would get so addicted to the methadone before I ever took it as I never would have taken it to begin with. thanks again.

Closed Thread