It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• WORST NEWS POSSIBLE - update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2003, 04:40 PM   #1
    avogadro
    Inactive

avogadro HB User
    Post WORST NEWS POSSIBLE - update

Well, if you did not read my older post, I recently switched insurance companies and my PM doctor was NOT on the new plan! (AUGGHH!). I received the form for "continuing treatment" from Cigna. The only reason for "continuing treatment" (ex: impending surgery, cancer, over 6 mo. pregnancy, etc.) which MIGHT apply to me was "treatment for traumatic injury". I gave the form to my PM doctor to fill out and send to Cigna. I REALLY hope that the car accident qualifies as "traumatic injury". Otherwise, I am going to have to start over at looking for a new PM doctor... that would STINK!! I LOVE my doctor! I will let you know how it goes! Keep your fingers crossed!

AV

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
    lindao1
    Veteran
    (female)

lindao1 HB User
    Avogadro

I'm so sorry to hear that your PM dr. is not on your new plan. Geez, what a real pain that is! I understand why you would be upset if Cigna refused to let him continue to treat you. Your old PM dr. knows you as a person, as a patient and knows your history. And the fact that you are so comfortable with him means a lot - believe me.

Well, I just wanted to wish you the best and I hope the insurance company will decide in your favor. If not, please take your time in finding another PM dr. Take it from someone with experience, if you don't feel comfortable with any new dr., move on before you get too established. I know finding a good PM can be very trying. I wish you luck with whatever the outcome may be. Linda

[This message has been edited by lindao1 (edited 09-14-2003).]

Old 09-14-2003, 06:50 PM   #3
    avogadro
    Inactive

avogadro HB User
    Thank you Linda!

It took me FOREVER to find the PM doctor that I like, I would HATE to lose him now. I can not even imagine trying to find another doctor again. Please, just pray for me and that Cigna will understand that I need to stay with my current doctor!

Thanks,
    AV

Old 09-14-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
    twisten
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twisten HB User
    Av my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

------------------
    Hmm where should I begin?? Crohn's disease, sacroiilitis-crohn's related, scoliosis, spina bifida occulta, chronic myofascial pain, tmjd and migraines. Still waiting for bone scan and bone density test to tell me what else is wrong with me!! Too many surgeries to list!!

Old 09-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #5
    Unzzz2003

Unzzz2003 HB User
    AVO, Sorry to hear of this latest situation You are faced with.I know how hard it is to find a Doctor You can really connect with and Trust,never mind going thru all the initial paper work and consultations all over again. I Pray for You they will understand, if not
    I would see if Your present Doc. can recommend someone
    He/She, thinks would be good for You and that You could
    trust and click with, like You have Them. I know from past exp. that a lot of these Docs. know each other and
    some even play Golf together and stuff like that, if it's within relaively the same area. Again I wish You Luck and Well, sit with Your Doc. and explain Your concern. Peace......Unzzz.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:05 AM   #6
    LOVEQ

LOVEQ HB User
    Talking

Hello,

I am so sorry to just jump in cause I am new here, but even thou Cigna lets you go see your Pain Management Doctor, you need to know they only give you so long to see him. You will need to see a new doctor. What it does do is buys you some time to research a new doctor.

I feel so bad for you, I have been in this position before and I must say it is no fun.

Good Luck to you.

LOVEQ

Old 09-15-2003, 04:40 PM   #7
    HockeyCrystal
    Veteran

HockeyCrystal HB User
    Av,
    I just wanted to say, I will pray for you in your search for finding a doc or in the acceptance of letting your current doctor being able to continue your treatment. I don't know much about insurance companies, but I know how rough that must be to deal with something like that. I wish you absolutely the best regards in your quest.

Good luck, and remember we're all pulling for you and I will definitely add you to my prayer list.

Best wishes for the continuation of your pain management.

Much http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif ,
    Crystal (HockeyCrystal)

We're all here for you, Sweetie!

Old 09-15-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
    Karin789

Karin789 HB User
    Yes make sure you update us so we know what is going on with you.
    Good luck I wll keep my fingers crossed.
    Kari

Closed Thread