It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• 100mg+morphine,120mg of oxyc and 70mg of perc and still hurt bad!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
    whaleylaker

whaleylaker HB User
    Post 100mg+morphine,120mg of oxyc and 70mg of perc and still hurt bad!

This past weather messed me up! All my meds are perscribed by my Pain Dr. but even he'll be surprised I got very little relief. I just can't lower an 8 on the pain scale. I'm embarassed about amount pain meds., but I can't remember when the pain been this bad. The morphine is time released , 3 40mg of oxyc and 7 10mg of perc in 48 hours. It takes alot for me complain but I'm scared why I hurt so much now and I have no where else to turn.Lake...Have DDD and all that bad back stuff.Don't know how to spell half of what I have but mostly hate to be remind myself

[This message has been edited by whaleylaker (edited 09-21-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 09:56 PM   #2
    grizzk62
    Veteran
    (male)

grizzk62 HB User
    Hey Lake Ole' friend of mine,

Yes I know that I have the added stress of taking those awful interferon injections and such. But my pain has been really though to control. I know that because of the weather change so drastactly here in Idaho that its part of the reason. I finally got my pain in the 5-6s today and so far so luck. But that took the max that I can take in a 24hr. Which is 80mgs of methadone 20mgs of OxyIR upto 4xsaday or 8mgs of dilaudid upto 4 xs aday. Lately I have been useing the dilaudid. And lately I have taken the max allowed amount of Soma350mgs x2 upto 4xs aday. I hate haveing to take so much. But kumbye aww my friend kumbye aww. LOL. Well lake take care my friend. It takes so thats the physlophiscally " now I know that I butchard that one. Well take good care of ourselves and I will do it as well.

Old 09-20-2003, 10:19 PM   #3
    whaleylaker

whaleylaker HB User
    Thanks Grizz. I'm glad you're doing better. Ican't tell you how much your reply means. Seems like you had to hit the med ceiling too. I never understood 'seekers". I would give anything not to have to take any meds and I got the impression there's one posting here who can't get enough. I feel like sendind out some old fashion V-8 juice and say snap out of it!!! Well ain't I'm in a charming mood?!? Your friend, Lake and thanks for being there for me Like I said this is a REAL bad one but you 've made it tolerable thanks (unless if I spend the next week singing that song!!!LOL)

[This message has been edited by whaleylaker (edited 09-21-2003).]

Old 09-20-2003, 10:42 PM   #4
    twisten
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twisten HB User
    Hey, Lake. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your pain levels. Don't you just hate when that happens. There is no need to be embarrassed when you need it. I'm in a lot of pain today also because of the big C. This is the worst I've ever been and I'm sure it must be because of being switched over to the MS contin. Anyway just wanted to lend my support and let you know I'm thinking of ya.

------------------
    Hmm where should I begin?? Crohn's disease, sacroiilitis-crohn's related, scoliosis, spina bifida occulta, chronic myofascial pain, tmjd and migraines. Still waiting for bone scan and bone density test to tell me what else is wrong with me!! Too many surgeries to list!!

Old 09-20-2003, 10:56 PM   #5
    whaleylaker

whaleylaker HB User
    Twisten THANKS to you too. It's nice to know who's there for you! What can they do about the C? Is MS Contin helping? I'm no expert, hell you've been reading my posts long enough to know that! Just worrying about the APAP. Is there anything like Oxy IR in morphine without any APAP? PLEASE take care for yourself and keep in touch, would be lying to you if I told I wasn't worried. Lake

Old 09-21-2003, 10:07 AM   #6
    twisten
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twisten HB User
    Thanks Lake. I'm doing a bit better today. I'm too the point now that all that can be done is enemas, enemas and more enemas, lol. Actually I think it might be the MScontin making things so bad. I was on oxycontin before and things weren't this bad. I think when this prescription runs out I'm going back on the patch as I didn't get plugged up on it. I don't know anything about the APAP, like you I'm no expert either when it comes to this stuff!! TC and don't worrry so, I'll be fine!!

Old 09-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #7
    Tiddgys

Tiddgys HB User
    lake how is it today for you? If you feel to bad can you not go to Er and get them to give you a shot of something else..

Hope you feel better soon pet..

Tiddgys x
    No better after fusion.
    2 Discograms
    Loss of bladder control (OK NOW )
    Lots of physio..
    2 MRI'S
    Water Theraphy..
    1 Bone scan
    1 Cat Scan
    Loads of ESI'S
    lots of Mediacation and i'm allergic to most of them..
    Now Under P/M CONSUTANT HAVE BEEN FOR THE PASS SIX MONTHS..
    Need Friends and Comfort, with the odd laugh..

Old 09-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #8
    NeedANewHead
    Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
    Lake, there is...its called MSIR. Comes in 15 and 30 mgs. Probably smaller too but those are the mgs I am familiar with.
    I can relate to taking large amts of meds and still being in off the charts pain...it sucks to say the least. I will pray it breaks for you soon!
    Perhaps your doc would let you have some Actiq suckers for flares like this?? They work great from what I read.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #9
    grizzk62
    Veteran
    (male)

grizzk62 HB User
    Well it just seems that we all have had it for one day. At least my pain level has dropped down to 5-6. Lake I'm with the other poster on maybe you should see if the Doc would be willing to RX something else for BT pain for days like today. Thats why I have both OxyIR and Dilaudid. The Dilaudid works alot better than the OxyIR does for the really bad days. I still think its the weather change and the wonderful interferon.
    Hey twisten. You are right about the Big C thing and MScontin. Morphine really is one of the worst for that side effect. And I really think Oxycodone is probably the least for that side effect. Don't get me wrong. Because all narcotics are bad for the BigC. And from what I have researched on the matter is because Oxycodone being derived from the alkaliod Thebaine. And it having a little of a stimulating effect. Morphine is the purest refinement from the opium poppy. But keep at it twisten. I know its a bummer. literaly.LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. I think that sometimes we need to make fun of our situations at times and not take life so serious.

Whaley in reply to something you said about wishing to be off these meds. I can't agree with you more. I would absolutly love to get off of these meds. I hear about these addicts that are so afraid of withdrawal. And thats the reason they just can't quit. After 20 years of pain and misery if some told me that I will be cured if only I needed to stop all meds. I would stop in an instant. Being sick for awhile compared now to 20 yrsof horrible pain is a no brainer. And I'm like you as well. I get so much out of the people and support. I just really love being able to talk to people that really understand what its like. You all mean alot to me. Take care everyone...

Matt

[This message has been edited by grizzk62 (edited 09-21-2003).]

Old 09-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #10
    earthg

earthg HB User
    'scuse my ignorance but whats APAP? I've chronic pain associated to a stroke at 29, im 38 now but my left side that ia affected screws up my gait, causing foot, back problems and all the drs do is treat me like a drug seeking addict and they make me feel ashamed and embarrased that i even ask for something so i can at least walk without a 6-7 pain level. Im a mom and have things to do and much goes undone because it simply hurts too much to walk alot....

frustrated through grit teeth
    Kristen

Old 09-21-2003, 10:50 PM   #11
    caliecat

caliecat HB User
    APAP is the brand name for acetaminophen, such as Tylenol, an analgesic. It is used in meds like percocet, vicodin, lortab, and norco, etc... It is written as APAP on the scripts, and used to abbrev. But technically, acetaminophen is the generic of APAP.

Hope that helps,
    Lori

[This message has been edited by caliecat (edited 09-22-2003).]

Old 09-22-2003, 04:44 AM   #12
    lex

lex HB User
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by whaleylaker:
    [B]This past weather messed me up!

This is my first post and this is the first message I read. Weather leapt out at me. I live in Portugal, expat, and the weather changes like a girl does clothes for a first date. Every change causes pain, and I suffer. I had no idea weather could aggravate things.

I've known I have HepC for a year, and I know now I've had it for many years. The medical field here should be ploughed under! The doctors don't know anything, no exaggeration, either. The one and only drug of choice for pain other than surgery? Paracetemol. Bad bad for the liver.

I had a TIA (brain attack aka slight stroke) so the stupid dr suspected, as the symptoms went away fast except for a meningitis-type headache. He told me he'd help ease it and I said, no Paracetemol and he was shocked. Why, he asked. I was aghast. Don't you know it's bad for the liver? He'd never heard that. He made a couple of calls and was a bit hangdog when he said, you're right, sadly we're behind here. NO KIDDING. No morphine or demoral unless you've had surgery, there are no pain pills to be purchased or prescribed. So I've learned to really take a LOT of pain. I guess I'm going on like this because when I read of others having access to medication that can help them feel better, my envy is very green.

Since I know more than they, I'm doing nothing about my condition. I truly believe they'd kill me as they almost did during a surgery.

I needed to get this off my chest to people who would understand what I'm saying. Those who know nothing about this, have no clue what I go through.

I fell hard today, am all banged up, hurting bad and debating whether to take some ibuprofen, new to this country, lol, or to ride it out. Since I'm not under anyone's care, not being tested or even getting a biopsy I have to be very careful how I treat myself.

One last thing and I'll stop. Are frequent sinus headaches and earaches common with HepC? If not, I have another problem.

I'm not a hypochondriac, just the opposite and I'm angry, very angry having to live with something I have no choice but to ignore as no one knows jack about it.

thanks for reading... if anyone did. This was cathartic, albeit a bit rambling.

Old 09-22-2003, 07:30 AM   #13
    grizzk62
    Veteran
    (male)

grizzk62 HB User
    Lex,

Hello and welcome to the boards. I knew that they are behind the times in Europe but I didn't think that area are that behind. I did spend some time in England and Austria. And yes they like to use paracetemol for everything. Oh just FYI for those that don't know what paracetemol is, it's tylenol. I feel for you Lex being a HepC patient as well. About the increased chance of sinus infections and such related to HepC. Yes there have been studies associated sinus infections with HepC. I know first hand. I have had 3 surgerys on my sinus in the last 5 yrs. And my Docs are the ones that told me after my 3rd sinus surgery. They said that the chanse of a hepc patient having sinus problems and becoming chronicare 10 times more likely that those who do not have HepC. Lex, Are you having problems with your sinuses. Oh and by the way there have been studies here about the weather affecting those of us that have chronic pain and arthritis and such. Another question Can your get any other pain relieving products there that don't have paracetemol in it. Can you get any doctors there that treat chronic pain.
    If I or anyone else here can be of help please ask. I know that we can't do a hom lot but sometime just coming here to the boards and venting can help. Again welcome and keep posting...

Matt

Old 09-22-2003, 09:32 AM   #14
    whaleylaker

whaleylaker HB User
    Thanks to one and all. Sincerely Lake

Old 09-23-2003, 12:33 PM   #15
    jmchauby

jmchauby HB User
    Hi Lake. This is my first message that I am posting on this board. I read your complaint about the meds not working. I am 27 years old and I have been thriough hell too. I had multiple shoulder surgeries and I was in a head on car accident three years ago. I hurt my back and my shoulder very bad. I was on so many meds that I had to go to a rehab. I don't consider myself an addict but there comes a point in time that the body builds up a tolerance to everything you take. To be honest, the meds are probably hurting you more than anything. I live in pain everyday of my life but you have to take some time off the meds. You might feel better if you did since you said that your pain level is still at 8. I really feel better living with the pain than being doped up. I hope you can get throgh this and feel better. Believe me, I feel your pain. Thanks.

Closed Thread