It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• does anyone see a problem with this??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
    slowmoe1950
    (male)

slowmoe1950 HB User
    does anyone see a problem with this??

does anyone here think i will have a problem getting a copy of my paper work from my pain mainangment dr since ive only been there 2 times ????? its my paperwork right guys?? Thanks again slow.........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
    cherish1
    (female)

cherish1 HB User
    Re: does anyone see a problem with this??

At places that don't charge per page, it has taken up to 10 days before. But now, most of my docs all charge at least $1 per page, so if I'm willing to come up with over $100, they will print it off while I'm standing there. I don't agree with that at all, but it is what it is and I wasn't in the mood to fight.
    3/21/06 - L5-S1 fusion w/o inst.
    12/21/05 - Lam/Disc. L5-S1.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
    kelsey1
    Veteran
    (female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

hi

I am a little confused per our conversion I didnt think you seen a pm dr I thought you seen a nurse at a reg dr office? not that it makes tht much of a difference. you know where i stand about everything

Old 11-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
    slowmoe1950
    (male)

slowmoe1950 HB User

yeah my dr was a np practicing under some pm dr so i think this whole clinic was a bad idea

Old 11-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
    slowmoe1950
    (male)

slowmoe1950 HB User

I didnt know if this place would be a good idea since my dr was a np practicing and writing her meds under the main doctor their!!!!!!!!! I shouldve known better

Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
    slowmoe1950
    (male)

slowmoe1950 HB User

sorry kelsey1 if i confused you ..... not the first time ive confused people :P lol anyways yeah i think another place is in the horizion

Thanks as always slowmoe............

Old 11-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
    Pegala
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User

Slowmoe,
    It has been my experience that now a days doctor's offices are charging anywhere from 50 cents to a dollar per page.
    I hear you that you're saying that you think that this going to this latest doctor was a mistake. What are you thinking about with your copy of your paperwork? I'm getting the feeling that there's more to the story than meets the eye.
    It's really not unusual for a nurse practicioner to be working under a doctor, and writing her scripts under his guidance. As far as I know that's how many if not most of them work. I wouldn't be too concerned with that aspect of your treatment.
    One more question. Tonight you referred to your doctor/np as her. Earlier today you started another thread updating us on yesterday's visit and you repeatedly referred to your doctor as he. Can you please clarify. Thanks. I just want to be sure that we're getting the right info so that we can help you the best we can.
    Please keep us posted.
    Peggy

Last edited by Pegala; 11-18-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Another idea

The Following User Says Thank You to Pegala For This Useful Post:
    slowmoe1950 (11-19-2010)
    Old 11-27-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
    hvf8th
    (female)

hvf8th HB User
    Question Re: does anyone see a problem with this??

I have problems with the office staff from time to time but one good trip to the office solved those for me If you want them for yourself they may charge but if for another dr just ask them to fax them they can't charge for that. I don't know exactly what you need them for but some offices will react different when your going to another dr. versus just asking for your own records. If they ask you why you want them my response would be because their mine. I hope I don't sound snooty or mean because I'm so form that I just hate the games that are played and the lack of customer service. I know their job so if they lie or blow me off I can promise you they will never do that to me again. Sorry for rambling when it comes to healthcare and law I just get into my advocate mode. I will suggest that you go in person and pay if you have to and tell them you will wait for your records. By working in the healthcare field behind the scenes I was able to see what the patients don't and because of that I go over my bills with a fine tooth comb I'm always finding coding and billing errors. Also some docs may scribble notes down then go back and actually fill out the forms that become your chart. It could be that the doc has not signed off on the chart in other words it's an incomplete chart and you don't want your records if the doc has not signed off on them. If you do suspect something don't give them time to"edit"your records and don't go for that line about they are too busy and they have certain days for that or they will call you when it's ready for pickup. Nope I'll wait is what you tell them. I will tell you to not start out with what I have written only use it when the situation calls for it and you will know when that is. O.k. I will now shut up

Closed Thread