It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Roxicodone and Klonopin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
    trixter25
    (male)

trixter25 HB User
    Roxicodone and Klonopin

I have been taking the Roxicodone 7.5 mg every 4-6 hours a day (about 30 mg a day all together) for about a month now for TMJ.
    I have been taking Klonopin 1mg 3 times a day (3 mg a day) for over 6 years.
    I have a high tolerance to Klonopin so sometimes I take 2 instead of 1 if I'm having an anxiety attack.
    As for the Roxicodone I'm starting to notice some tolerance after this first month... don't get the high feeling as much as I used to, but it still manages the pain fine. I could honestly care less about the high feeling because I don't like it.

My question is:
    I have never taken them at the same time because I hear it's dangerous, but I did some research before writing this and it seems it's dangerous at high doses especially with a low tolerance to them.
    So as I'm typing this (hopefully readable) I'm having a panic attack and I need to take 1 or 2 of my klonoping... but I just took a Roxicodone ... should I be okay? I don't think my doctor would prescribe them both if he thought it was dangerous to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
    second go
    Veteran
    (male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
    Re: Roxicodone and Klonopin

never mix opiate with a benzodiazapine. can be fatal. stick with the klonopin for your anxiety attacks. if you did take the roxi, id wait at least 3 hrs before taking the klonopin. stay positive! and keep us posted...

Old 01-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #3
    jonnstar
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
    Re: Roxicodone and Klonopin

I'd discuss it with your doctor, just to be safe

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Closed Thread