It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Need someone to recommend a good Pain Management doctor in VA or DC.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User
    Need someone to recommend a good Pain Management doctor in VA or DC.

I had spine disc herniation three years ago and right now I still have moderate right leg pain. I hope if someone can recommend a good and patient Pain Management doctor ( Virginia or DC) who is Anesthetist also and can do Epidural or Discogram. Because this year my working company changed insurance company .Some doctors who I am familiar with are not in my insurance network. I have to search again.

Thanks!
    hemorrhoid and anal fissure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
    Re: Need someone to recommend a good Pain Management doctor in VA or DC.

I use Dr. T. Nguyen at the Virginia Spine Institite in Reston. I have been very pleased with him. He also does accupuncture, injections etc. I have been with him for 4 years. He even laid out the plan for me to get to Japan to visit our son. If it wouldn't have been for his planning of meds for me, I am sure that my trip would have been pure agony.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User

ibake&pray,

Nice to see you again after a while ! I checked but Dr. Thomas. Nguyen does not participate my network( United Health care), there are two major surgeons on this institute ( Dr.Schuler and Dr. Subach) are also don't participate network. I donít know why. But I will remember his name and put my file.

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

It's a long story about Schular and Suback. It all has to do with billing and insurance companies being late with payments. Dr. Nguyen I don't think has ever taken any type of insurance. When I see him, they will submit the claim to your insurance company. I am then re-imbursed by my insruance co. and they send me a check that I send onto the VSI. Kinda convoluted, but it works. I think get a bill for the reasonable amount over. For me it is well worth it. I am with Blue Cross/Blue Shiled. And they don't take Antehm either. If you really want a top notch pm, you might want to consdier it.....and it's nice to see you1

Old 03-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
    efang
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

efang HB User

ibake&pray I am sorry because my insurance plan will not pay any money to the doctor who does not participate network , so I have to give up them this time , maybe next year I will change my plan. then I can see them.

Thanks!

Last edited by efang; 03-06-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Closed Thread