It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Pain management vs, suboxone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #16
    marbelmo
    (male)

marbelmo HB User
    Re: Pain management vs, suboxone

I thought I'd chime in. Yes, there is pain medication in Suboxone called buprenorphine. It's a partial agonist narcotic and I have tried it for my chronic pain.
    Since the buprenorphine also has antagonist elements to it, I found that if I took a much lower than recommended dose it actually helped my pain better. I think the higher the dose, the more the antagonist elements override the agonist medicine if that makes any sense.
    This medication is being tried more and more at pain clinics.
    Ultimately, I had to go back to my old ms contin prescription because the suboxone just did not cut it and gave some very strange side effects. The Nurse at my clinic said I was in the 1% of those that tried it and it didn't work for, so unless she was pulling my leg, there are obviously a lot of pain patients that benefit from it greatly.
    I wanted to try it becuase I was getting tired of needing larger doses of morphine to obtain the same relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
    zoiegrace
    Inactive
    (female)

zoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB User
    Re: Pain management vs, suboxone

Hi everyone, Had oral surgery, implants, taking forever and have been off and on suboxone, then percoet for a week or two inbetween. Crazy. I got down to 2 mg suboxone and went back on percocet 10mg every 5 hrs. Did it for 3 days and felt dead, could not get out of bed for 2 days.
    Went back to the sub doc who charged me as a new pt, *****, and he put me back on subs 16mg a day. I only took 4mg, having some W/d's but going to bed and taking my sleeping pill. If I continue on this course it will cost me
    $1,000 a month, insurance stopped paying after 3 months. I can't do it.
    Does anyone know of a quick taper. I don't believe I need 16mg a day. He put me on that while I was taking 30mg oxycodone 6x a day for 2 years.
    I want off everything. My back is a mess, need surgery but that's not going to happen. I'd be living under a bridge, close to it now.
    Can anyone advise me. I've lost 40,lbs while on this med which didn't seem to bother the doc. Needed to loose some anyway, but now everyone at work is coming up to me to see if I'm dying.
    Would appreciate anyone's advice:dizzy
    Peace,
    ZoieG

Closed Thread