HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pain Management (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/pain-management/)
-   -   Need new pain management doc! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/pain-management/861884-need-new-pain-management-doc.html)

SunnyBSling 10-19-2010 05:30 AM

Need new pain management doc!

The FNP that I'v been seeing for the past 5 years just recently told me that due to a benign phone message that I left one day in August, she sent me a certified letter saying that she'd no longer be treating me. I don't know what I'm gonna do. And to top it off, she prescribed 60 (vs 80mg) Oxy and it's the new formulation that isn't working for me and who can I tell? No one! I haven't slept tonight, I think I am going thru wd. I was vomiting all night and sweating. Sounds like wd, right? I've never been thru this and it's horrific!

I was using 100mcgs and changing it every 48 hrs. Being a woman, it inhibits the release of estrogen in the system and I was experiencing perimenopause, hot flashes and the whole bit! So I myself got off of it, but as for pain control, it works wonders! Sorry for going off like this, I would not want to see anyone in the position I am currently in. The only med I have is not working for me and I believe it is due to the fact that the new formulation of oxy is not being processed in my system because I'm taking dexilant which stop acid production in the stomach. I'm passing the entire pill (albeit, a bloated, gelled, whole, pill, you can even still see the 60/OP stamp on it) and that's why I believe I am going through wd, now that I am out of break thru meds (that I was taking like chiclets since I got on this prescription.)

Zoey1977 10-25-2010 11:13 AM

Re: Alternative to OC 480MG a day??

sunny, I apologize for my short msg, I also empathize with the original poster, my pain is currently cut off most of the use of my left hand,, so typing is hard, however I too take acid medication and have experienced the same problem as you (in the bathroom) and that is on regular oxy! I find this happens most often when cutting down (as you are) I found that taking my stomach meds every other day or less helped the meds break down properly...however I have to take a lot of tums (4hrs after taking meds) to help with reflux, but sometimes i'm fine without my reflux meds. Good luck!

Zoey

SunnyBSling 10-25-2010 09:04 PM

Zoey1977, I'm going to try taking the stomach meds everyother day. Hopefully that'll help process the meds. And Tums and Rolaids are friends of mine. Yuck! Sorry to hear about your pain. I was getting no pain relief from the oxy OP and I think like you, that the meds for the acid do not allow the pills to process in the system.
God bless you, -Sunny

Zoey1977 10-25-2010 09:38 PM

I hope it helps at least a little, that is still a strong withdrawl, so I wish you the best of luck. hugs and God bless,
Zoey.

SunnyBSling 10-26-2010 07:29 AM

Thanks Zoey, yes it is a strong withdrawl. I hurt so bad on top of it all. I see the neurosurgeon this Thursday and I am keeping my fingers crossed as to being prescribed medication. I plan to take a listing of the past 6 mths. of prescriptions with me to show that this is what I have been taking to deal with the pain.
Take care and God bless you Zoey. -Sunny

Zoey1977 10-26-2010 08:48 AM

good luck on thursday:) my pain is horrendus right now as well, all days are bad, some are worse, and some are worse than you can ever think possible. This is one of those days for me (well the past 2 have been) I'm sure you can relate. I hope you find the help you need.

Hugs, Zoey

SunnyBSling 10-26-2010 08:56 AM

Oh Zoey, I am in so much pain right now I can totally relate. I even stayed home from work today. I have one pill left and I don't want to take it because it is the last one I have. I just feel like rolling up into a tight little ball and crying. This is no way to live. -Not so Sunny today

SunnyBSling 10-26-2010 08:59 AM

Zoey, I'll pray for you and please pray for me. I truly believe in the power of prayer. Sunny

kelsey1 10-26-2010 11:20 AM

HI.
I am praying for u guys.I hate those days.I feel real bad for u sunny.I was wondering what the heck was said on the phone message that caused all this.If u dont mind me asking,I just want to make sure i dont do that.I am really hoping u get some help, keep us posted. Also i too can take my med like candy and we can all relate to that on bad days,but again i am reminded that we have to manger the pain. And some days is worse than others,and u cant just double your dose, i try exercise and massage, other meds, we all know alot of this .I just have to be reminded. GOOD LUCK:angel:

SunnyBSling 10-26-2010 11:55 AM

Hi Zoey, Just got up and moving around. About the phone call that I made. (I had to go back a couple of posts to remember what you were referring to. back in Sept. one day, I was very swollen. My ankles measured 13in. around! My shoes did not fit and I had to cut my nice leather shoes on each side so my feet would fit and the only medication I was on was the Oxy. Well, I made the mistake of calling the dr.'s office and left a message saying that I was very swollen and that finally I wasn't on anything else but the oxy. So I thought it was the oxy and said in my message, "it has to be the oxycontin that's causing the swelling. Do I stop taking it and wait for you to prescribe something else?" That did it. At my next appointment, she told me she'd no longer be treating me because I was manifesting "drug seeking behavior". I've been on these medications for the past 6 years! She said that I was asking for a different medication. That I was asking for a different dosage, etc... I say she just wanted to be rid of me and this is how she went about it. -Sonia

kelsey1 10-26-2010 01:16 PM

hi sunny,
i asked u they question about the phone call not zoey,wow,i cant believe that.That wasnt fair,doesnt seem like u even did anything wrong. wow. Thats why i never want to rock the boat. i was going to say something on my next visit about adding one more pill at night. after hearing this im scrared, anythng can make them change their mine about u .I bet i say everying is fine on my next visit. This is y all of us r scared. Sorry thats not fair at all.I really am praying 4 u. I AM PRAYING 4 ALL OF US... kelsey

SunnyBSling 10-26-2010 04:42 PM

I am so sorry Kelsey that I answered your question calling you Zoey. I am in pain, is that a good excuse? ;) Yes it is a very fine line we walk just because we have pain. It sucks. It shouldn't be this way. They wouldn't have a job if it weren't for their patients and yet were are the ones walking on egg shells. No it is not fair at all. I hope she doesn't put anything derogatory in my file. That's what I'm most afraid of. Please continue to pray for me and I'll pray for you Kelsey. -Sunny

kelsey1 10-26-2010 06:40 PM

sonny
lol,i really am feeling your pain,i am soo sorry that u r in pain.I hope u get relief real soon. PLZ keep us posted:angel:

SunnyBSling 10-26-2010 08:13 PM

Kelsey, I hope so too. I am hoping that the neurosurgeon can prescribe me some meds. Pray for me. I will keep you all posted. I hope you're doing well tonight.
-Sunny

kelsey1 10-27-2010 12:53 PM

yea ur appt is tomm. right? I hope it good news ill pray all day and night for u