It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

Major issue

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
jay84
(female)

jay84 HB Userjay84 HB Userjay84 HB User
Major issue

I have been going to the PM since April for three bulging discs in my back. Things have been going fine with the injections and medications and I'm making progress. I was called today saying that my rapid drug screen back in April came up positive for oxycodon. The level was 320 ng. I have never taken oxycodon but was on vicodin at that time. I'm confused and they made me feel like a drug addict and not telling them the truth. I also have had gastric bypass surgery and don't absorb medicine like most. Any suggestions? I'm afraid of going to the Dr and them telling me that they are going to cut me off, but I don't care about the medication I want the injections because they are helping me soo much. I am so upset over this all. Please ANY advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Paininohio
(female)

Paininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB User
Re: Major issue

That sounds very unusual. 3 months to get a "rapid" drug test results? A rapid drug test usually gives instant results, not three months later. I would definitely ask your doctor about this.

Last edited by Paininohio; 07-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
jay84
(female)

jay84 HB Userjay84 HB Userjay84 HB User

Well they said they couldn't find it. But the urine screen came back and it was negative. So I don't know what is going on. The nurse who called me treated me not so nice like I was lying to them or something. Is there a way that a saliva drug screen can cause a false positive? I have NEVER taken any kind of medication that wasn't prescribed to me. I don't share meds and I take them the way I was told to take them. I just don't get it.

I'm afraid they are going to kick me out because they think I lied to them, but I didn't. I don't know why it came up positive. I don't even like taking medication. They have been doing injections in my back that are helping and I don't want my treatment to stop. I want to be off meds one day.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Fiona_Jo
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User

Well, if they couldn't find it, who's it to say it's even YOURS that they found? If they were so disorganized that they lost it in the first place. This all sounds very questionable to me.

I would ask to talk to an office manager about this, I just don't know how they can even 100% say this is your test 3 months later.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
Whoopee
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User

It sounds like you have some reasonable defense from what I've read. My advice in these types of issues is to hit the internet and educate yourself as much as you possibly can. For instance, most narcotics metabolize into something else and that something else is what's picked up on those tests. Offhand, I don't know what hydrocodone breaks down to but, heck it might very well be oxycodone, I don't know. Do some poking around and go to your doctor "armed" and be ready to fight for yourself, if that's what it comes down to. Good Luck!!

Last edited by Whoopee; 07-09-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling

The following user gives a hug of support to Whoopee:
jay84 (07-08-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
nesara311
(male)

nesara311 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay84 View Post
I have been going to the PM since April for three bulging discs in my back. Things have been going fine with the injections and medications and I'm making progress. I was called today saying that my rapid drug screen back in April came up positive for oxycodon. The level was 320 ng. I have never taken oxycodon but was on vicodin at that time. I'm confused and they made me feel like a drug addict and not telling them the truth. I also have had gastric bypass surgery and don't absorb medicine like most. Any suggestions? I'm afraid of going to the Dr and them telling me that they are going to cut me off, but I don't care about the medication I want the injections because they are helping me soo much. I am so upset over this all. Please ANY advice.
There are both good and bad doctors.So,maybe look into another clinic.I purchased a inversion table for my back.After about two weeks of use,I am cutting way back on my meds.Good luck.My Doctor is one of the best.

Closed Thread