It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

Where to turn?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 3
Tyman2007 HB User
Where to turn?

So... Years in pain, have had an MRI, cat scan, most GI tests, including endoscopy and colonoscopy. Biopsies showed negative for pretty much everything. The only thing shown is my stomach is red. Been on 1200 mg of gabapentin 3 times a day, but weening myself off as it helps to a very little, almost nonexistent extent and I don't want it to damage my insides even more.

I was diagnosed with visceral hyperalgesia in the very end, but I imagine that's just because they can't find anything. It's underneath the apex of my rib cage. It's unbearable, like a really bad sickening pain that's just all the time. It hurts to eat food, I get dizzy after eating or from just being in pain, I get more pain from exercising.The pain management specialist I've gone to had finally told me there's nothing else they can do for me.

I live in Washington, but I don't know where to go for now. At the moment, I can barely live. Can't go to college as my mind is too messed up to think properly, and I can't do physical labor because of energy shortage and extreme pain. I'm not sure what I could do, if someone could give me some insight.. or just some names of PM doctors I can trust in Washington, you would be my hero.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Junior Member
kc1958's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 17
kc1958 HB User
Re: Where to turn?

Wow sorry to hear that. I don't understand a Pain Management doctor telling you there was nothing more they could do for you. Does that mean they are telling you there is nothing they can do and won't give you pain medication? Isn't that the reason for PM Specialists....they are the last resort for people who are in pain and can't be helped by other means?

That is why I see my PMS and LOVE HER. She is fabulous but rather far away from you. I'm in Louisiana.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 3
Tyman2007 HB User
Re: Where to turn?

I thought it a little weird for them to tell me this. They won't change my pain medication, so I need to find a different doctor. I feel these guys don't listen to what I have to tell them. I felt they were listening, but I guess I was just fooling myself.

Just wondering what there is out there for visceral pain.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!