It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• More Bad News for Pain Patients

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
    danme
    (male)

danme HB User
    More Bad News for Pain Patients

Zohydro may (I Say MAY) not be released for sale

The FDA Panel rejected the drug 11-2 for probable abuse issues

Peace
    Dan

Last edited by Administrator; 12-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
    tortoisegirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
    Re: More Bad News for Pain Patients

(FYI this is extended release pure hydrocodone)

Interesting. I don't see why they should compare it to hydrocodone combo products (like Vicodin) which are Schedule III, as it would be Schedule II. Of course compared to Vicodin it has a worse potential for abuse (as you could take a lot without your liver failing), but its not a comparable med. There is a big difference between a lower dose short acting med and a higher dose long acting med.

I think this is a good idea for patients who don't need something too strong but want to avoid the added Tylenol/etc. Currently they would have to go up to Oxycodone, or else have something compounded. I don't see a reason for a patient on daily meds to be taking the added analgesic unless it is helping their pain. In some cases it can add up to a lot. For me, it didn't seem to (couldn't tell a difference between 10/325 Percocet and 10mg Oxycodone for example). Thanks for the info.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Zohydro may (I Say MAY) not be released for sale

The FDA Panel rejected the drug 11-2 for probable abuse issues

Peace
    Dan
    Hello danme.

Thanks for the heads up and tortoisegirl,thanks for the explanation.

For some reason I envisioned those addicted to hydrocodone viewing the drug in terms of taking several,as a means of maintaining a longer level of "consciousness."
    The potential for harm far outweighs the greater good here,due in large part to pain med abuse being so rampant;now more than ever.Dare I use the word "epidemic."

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 12-14-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
    Isotope
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Isotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB User

Friends-

I'm curious about the choices abusers make. It always seemed to me to be a waste of time and efforts attempting to deconstruct an OC, Opana, or Exalgo tab when there are 30mg IR tabs available, same with Oxymorphone 10's and Hydromorphone 8's.... Why would someone be interested in a relatively low potency Hydrocodone product?

Enlighten me.. thnx

Iso~

The following user gives a hug of support to Isotope:
    Phoenix (12-14-2012)
    Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Friends-

I'm curious about the choices abusers make. It always seemed to me to be a waste of time and efforts attempting to deconstruct an OC, Opana, or Exalgo tab when there are 30mg IR tabs available, same with Oxymorphone 10's and Hydromorphone 8's.... Why would someone be interested in a relatively low potency Hydrocodone product?

Enlighten me.. thnx

Iso~
    Firstly,hello danme,as this is your thread and respect is due.

Iso,hello and welcome.

To understand the mind of an addicted person,one would have to look into the psychology of addiction.
    It's selfish;the mind wants what it wants when it wants it.The objective is to satisfy the need or craving as soon as humanly possible.
    Rationality isn't always priority one or 100 in many addicted.

Certain medications are more likely to be abused in others.

I'm sure the panel went through all the data,with respect to testing,as many compare their product to another similarly on the market.

Who knows;if the company is willing to start from the drawing board or re-work the formula's components,it may just get approval........under a different name........

Stranger things have happened.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Closed Thread