It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Venting about Drs. treatment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #31
    kittkat
    (female)

kittkat HB Userkittkat HB User
    Re: Venting about Drs. treatment

Thank You gmail, I am going to call his office on Monday & give it a try. I do have another question though. What do any of you do if you are out to dinner, or a social function & you would like to have a drink or two? I am not a big drinker but, I do like from time to time to have a glass of wine or two or a Walabe darned when I am at Outback steak house, or just socializing with friends, do any of you come across this situation or do you just not ever have a drink? I would not dream of having a drink while on this medication, that is one reason I wouldn't like to take it all the time, plain ole' fear, I don't want to end up dead!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #32
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: Venting about Drs. treatment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittkat View Post
    Thank You gmail, I am going to call his office on Monday & give it a try. I do have another question though. What do any of you do if you are out to dinner, or a social function & you would like to have a drink or two? I am not a big drinker but, I do like from time to time to have a glass of wine or two or a Walabe darned when I am at Outback steak house, or just socializing with friends, do any of you come across this situation or do you just not ever have a drink? I would not dream of having a drink while on this medication, that is one reason I wouldn't like to take it all the time, plain ole' fear, I don't want to end up dead!
    Hi kittkat, Right! i never have a drink because i wear a narcotic patch 24 hours a day & i dont want to be dead either! So, it works like this for me without the long acting narcotics there would be no socializing or even getting out of bed & so im just happy when im pain free enough to just be out seeing anybody or doing something fun! But, its been 20 years that ive been in severe pain & pain mgmt so i never even think about it or notice but before that i didnt really like the taste & only drank like one glass of champagne on New Years anyway. I think its a good thing that you thought about this & a good question to ask the PM dr too. And its really important to describe the pain accurately,imho, & if the pain is not all day everyday, so that he can come up with the right treatment for you. Please let us know what happens at the new dr. All my best to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
    kittkat (03-10-2013)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    chronic pain, medications