It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Mississippi Pain Management Doctors?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #61
    3red3red
    (female)

3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User
    Re: Mississippi Pain Management Doctors?

gee Whistle now it is I with computer issues - I had this really long response back to you saved as Preview....and all of a sudden, Microsoft decided to update my computer, closing it down, and then asking me to restart the program. Gosh sometimes I hate technology. Any who, does this two minute medical marvel have your extensive medical records? Because this I feel is critical. I think you are going to have to see a PCP a few times and provide written records from your previous physicians (so he can see you are not some random person saying you have to have Fentanyl)............and I know it is not fair for you to have to prove your case in such an extravagant way, but I think that is what must be done.

I'm going to watch the game - wasn't this the first time you saw this PCP and does he have copies of your records. I'll try to reply tomorrow.

I hate to say it, but RTR

Last edited by 3red3red; 09-21-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #62
    sugcoffee
    (male)

sugcoffee HB User

Hi to You, tell me are you still in pain?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #63
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Absolutely...Did you read my posts as I searched for your response following your initial post on this thread? After I heard nothing further, I feared it was just a cruel joke=( I pray that you legitimately wish to help me, rather than "sensing" my desperation and to a degree, my vulnerability.

SugCoffee, if you are for REAL, please share your information with me for "Mississippi Pain Management". I spent 2/3 of today at the office of my orthopedic repeating tests, scans, blood panels. So....I am in dire straits.

THANK YOU--THANK YOU--THANK YOU for responding. Please continue...asap

Please read the "quote re-post" to YOU below=)

Last edited by WhistleDixie; 09-23-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #64
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhistleDixie View Post
    Hi sugcoffee,

I'm anxiously awaiting your response, as a fellow Mississippian. I'm hoping that you can help me to find relief, as I'm not doing such a great job myself. I feel that here in MS, I'm wandering in the wilderness of untreated pain.

My situation is "unique" in that my anatomically impaired "gastric pouch" limits my options for pain meds. My best results came from transdermal patches before my doctor retired. Now I can't seem to find a doctor who is willing to "go there" right off the bat, so to speak. If only they'd look at my traumatic medical history, they would quickly realize that I am no "drug seeker", nor do I need additional psychotherapy. My lifelong history of traumas and surgeries "gone south" is enough to put the strongest person in a straight jacket on heavy meds. There but for the grace of God go I.

But truthfully, Mississippi guy, I don't know how much longer I can white-knuckle my way through this. I'm a fighter with a strong will. But I've fought the good fight most of my life, only to be knocked down again. I am weary in body and spirit...growing more so EVERY day.

Again, thank you for listening to my cries for help. I look forward to hearing from you! ANY information you have to contribute will be appreciated.

Hi sugcoffee...just want to make sure you saw this post from last week!
    Thanks

Last edited by WhistleDixie; 09-23-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #65
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

Oh, crap...the TIDE WILL ROLL over my REBELS this coming weekend. We'll be in YOUR HOUSE...which makes it more intimidating. Oh, well from one alum to another...we take our SEC seriously. I love your names for your dogs. My Dals are named "Hotty & Toddy"
    even on their AKC registration forms.

I'm sorry so late getting to the board tonight. I'm WIPED OUT from my rough weekend of not only my health, but also fear of my husband's apparent gallbladder flare. Then I spent MOST of today in my orthopedics' lab with tests, scans, xrays, blood draws, chem panels. She also injected both knees with steroids, even though I begged her not to bloat my body again with ANY steroids. Their benefit (for me) does not outweigh their hazards to my body. She wants to wait for test results before injecting another round of Synvisc One in each knee. OF COURSE, she can do nothing for my spinal injuries and subsequent maladies, but maybe she'll be able to lessen my knee pain (w/Synvisc One) to tolerable.

Meanwhile, I hope you've had a reasonably good day. I'm sorry you lost your lengthy post to me on Saturday. I'm most sorry I didn't get to read it. Please, when you have time and energy to recall what you wrote to me, post again. I KNOW FIRSTHAND, as do most, that STUFF happens to make you lose all of that time and energy you put into conveying your thoughts. I also understand that defeated "I hate technology" feeling just before you abandon out of total frustration.

Keep in mind...Let it motivate you to re-post to me...I love to hear not only what you say, but how you say it. RE: Your soulfully honest post on the FDA thread. You are a strong and a brave woman to have not only survived such a heart wrenching loss of your husband, but also to speak your truth about the cause of his death. I believe your message will reach and affect many.

Good Night....Good Rest, my friend.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #66
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi dixie, Oh,okay, crimson tide alabama vs mississippi in football game that will take place in Alabama! My husband had to explain for me as i was worried some cheese had slid off the cracker!Lol Okay, then! Im much better now! SEC must be southeast conference in college football. Sorry, dixie but so glad you are just "nuts" over football! Take care!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #67
    3red3red
    (female)

3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User

now Dixie, we are not THAT good....and can be beat, even in our own house. And as for being strong personally trust me, I have not always been. I guess I just got to the place where I understood, whatever he did, it was not my fault. Lots of therapy helped.

As for you, my thoughts have been with you. I pray your tests are going well and that your husband is doing better. Shots in the knees...yiecks! Does the Synvisc really work? I've heard conflicking reports, curious.

For this PCP, are you going back after you wrap up with the ortho and does he have any records about your weightloss surgery and the problems with malabsorption?

The following user gives a hug of support to 3red3red:
    WhistleDixie (09-25-2013)
    Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #68
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

Thanks, Red.

I've been "off the grid" for a couple of days...Yes, the Synvisc shots are painful and it takes a few days (off your feet) to get past it. However, I will shout from the rooftops what a "saving grace" they've been for my knees. I have BOB pain not only in my knees, but my spine, as well. I've taken Synvisc shots in both knees (3 rounds in 3 years). As long as they work to lessen (not delete) the intense pain, I will continue to choose those over surgery.

My "battered bones" are another story entirely. My orthopedic on Monday was irate that my PCP is not even trying to address my pain. I told her what he said. She knows him, and said blatantly that I need to see a new PCP. She highly recommended one nearby that I'll consider based on the ortho's findings.

She's ordered extensive blood work and a FULL BODY BONE SCAN with contrast dye to be performed tomorrow. She wants to determine if my problems are stemming from advancing RA or possibly bone cancer. Yep.

I just don't wanna know anything else is wrong. If it's cancer, I won't do radiation or chemotherapy. That's not be being flippant. It's an absolute conclusion that I've reached from my own personal experience. It's non-negotiable. I have fought a good fight. I am weary. If, indeed, my race is finished...give me adequate pain relief and let me rest in peace, finally.

Sorry to be such a downer.

Last edited by WhistleDixie; 09-25-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #69
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Dixie, Hopefully, that diagnosis never comes! But also After you get pain relief would definitely be a better time to assess the chemo/radiation topic because im about your age, severe pain but treated with LA opioids & if i got a fatal diagnosis like you are talking about, i would want to fight to live but if i had no relief or meds i could see how that weariness would affect my decision making. I hear good news in this, too! Just one more visit to a new PCP, as referred by ortho, & you could have a good dr & pain relief as well! You know the saying "we will cross that bridge..." or our southern fave "dont borrow trouble" but im sorry that with everything else that you are having to deal with now this scare! Praying for you.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #70
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi dixie, How did the ortho appt & bone scan go? Any news yet on the report? Thinking of you & praying. I feel so bad for you with all of this pain & then this added worry, sick hubby, are you holding up well? I hope so, its alot but hopefully there will be good news & hope it comes before the weekend!

The following user gives a hug of support to gmak:
    WhistleDixie (09-27-2013)
    Closed Thread