It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Help! Severe Elbow/Triceps Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
    xedo
    (female)

xedo HB User
    Help! Severe Elbow/Triceps Pain

First post here, have been lurking a while.

I have chronic neck and shoulder pain that sometimes radiates down my arm. Last night this happened to my left arm, and strangely, whenever it happens and I try stretching and rotating my arm there are all kinds of pops and cracks (like cracking knuckles) in my shoulder and elbow that don't happen otherwise; anyway, last night I went to bed hurting in these places and when I woke up today my triceps and elbow and wrist a little bit are HURTING SO BAD. I have been keeping my arm at my side, not using it and icing it, but it's not getting any better. This has never happened to this extent.

Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: Help! Severe Elbow/Triceps Pain

Hi xedo, What kind of chronic neck problems do you have arthritis, disc, stenosis etc? Anything that indicates nerve compression causing radiating pain down your arm? Im not sure about others but my dr doesnt ever seem concerned with snap, crackle & pops but once i had tennis elbow, tendonitis, & once had a trapped nerve in my elbow & both were very painful down to wrist but is the pain originating from neck or shoulder?

Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
    xedo
    (female)

xedo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    Hi xedo, What kind of chronic neck problems do you have arthritis, disc, stenosis etc? Anything that indicates nerve compression causing radiating pain down your arm? Im not sure about others but my dr doesnt ever seem concerned with snap, crackle & pops but once i had tennis elbow, tendonitis, & once had a trapped nerve in my elbow & both were very painful down to wrist but is the pain originating from neck or shoulder?
    I have TMJ bad but I have had excruciating headaches for years and I have a LOT of knots in my neck and shoulders. I have had no diagnosis though because nobody can find anything really abnormal except for my jaws which are in bad shape. The pain starts at my shoulder blade and goes down my arm to my elbow and then wrist, like dull aching pain that doesnt stop. I've had pinched nerve before, this feels different to me.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi, xedo, One time i had muscle spasms so bad around & under shoulder blades & my neck was so tight i could barely turn my head to drive. I went to a local massage therapy school as a patient & had a deep tendon myofascial release massage, once, & the pain & knots subsided rapidly. They were very knowledgeable & told me to increase water intake & take epsom salt baths. Usually if its tendonitis or a disc compression the pain usually is isolated to one extremity but of course there are exceptions. If it were me & it was on both sides, if it wasnt aching from the flu & there was no fever, etc & it lasted more than a few days, I would make an appt with my dr. Have you started any new sport, activity, workout that may be causing the pain? Im sorry that you are hurting.

Last edited by gmak; 12-21-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Closed Thread