It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• New and lost need advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
    Help4thehelper
    (female)

Help4thehelper HB User
    New and lost need advice

hi! I just joined and have had chronic pain for over 10 years. It started with my back, spasms, which led to the fidnign of two hernations and two protrusions, and arthritis. I got that under control the best I could. I then devolped CRIPPILING head pain. Between the "fog" and the pain in my early 30's I ended up in bed most of the time. I had little help. I had Dr's omit me as i was missing appointments...I woudl not be in a car while I was in a bad acctive stage as i would vomit. I finally after gaining over 100 lbs and falling into a depression, a slew of meds was treated with Narcotics. At first I hated them however, the pain was gone. I felt drug my body became used to it. I was not drugged feeling and even though i woudl get dizzy spells, light sensitivity, and pressure, the pain was under way better control.

I then moved to better treatment for my austistic Son. The problems began. I figured with my medical history I would not have issues fidning a doctor to help me. I have had several

My current issue was my PCP took me out of Pain Managment as all they were doing was giving me injections. They had no interst in seeing me unless it was a re-check after or an injetion. They todl me what I was on in my previous state was not rellevant and started me on a lwo dose of Opana, Mobid,& Neurotin. I was takign Fioricet for the breakthoughs. I had little releif. THey eventually upped my Opan to 10mg ER 2x a day and the Mobid to 15 mg. This still was not lasting all day and I got mediocore pain control. My PCP demanded I stop told me the injections coudl break down my bone desnity and put me back on what I was on in my rpevious state. MOrhone ER 15 mg 2x a day and oxycotin 15 mg up to 4x a day. I FINALLY am MUCH better. I get pain, burning in my back and in my neck, spasms, hweve ri can push through usually or i take breaks. My head is near 85% better.

I went into my PCP's office the other day to pick up samples. I am told I was beign discharged from their office. I asked why, they said I failed my urine test. I NEVER have FAILED a urine test. They said there were 4 drugs in my system nto supposed to be there. THey then proceeded to tell me as I CRIED, that they woudl not give me my samples.

I revisited them after I calmed down to request these labs. I did nto knwo how to interprut but nothign illegal was in my system. Everyting is saw positive I was prescribed. Today, I went further and brought the labs to a differtn dr, a pharmacist, and the lab that did the tests. I was told by teh pharmacist that the medications I was prescribed were the ones showing up as psotive and there was nothing on there that shoudln't have been. The lab also confirmed this via a certian kind of private talk as they told me they coudlnt inteerpret teh results for me due to laws. So i asked simple no and yes questions. I was right again, nothing was in my system taht should nto have been.

I had a case manger contact my Dr. today and no return call. I am scared as hell as I have a child, I have no PCP, I have no clue how to get in with anotehr within 7 days (wehn i run out of my meds) or who will prescibe. I need help.

The following user gives a hug of support to Help4thehelper:
    kittkat (02-22-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: New and lost need advice

Hi help, The meds that showed positive were they only the exact ones prescribed by the PCP or were there some positive results from the meds that were prescribed by the PM dr? If so, the PCP could be upset that there were meds showing positive from two drs even though you had prescriptions from pm dr. Also a lot of PCP drs want to send their patients who need narcotics to pain management now & as I understand from my dr the urine tests especially the dipstick type used in the drs office are not so fail proof that they can be counted on to be 100% accurate & that unless the dr deals with reading results of urine tests all the time he may not know exactly which meds break down into which metabolites. If I were you & could not get an appt to talk to PCP I would call the answering service to ask him to call me so that I could discuss the results, tell him what pharmacist said,ask if he would see me in an appt &/or double check the lab results or see what he would recommend & who he would recommend for a new dr. My pm dr went hospitalist for awhile & I got an appt with a new pm dr in 3 days explaining that I would soon be out of meds. I have heard from my dr that mistakes can happen in the way the lab test was ordered & I am so very sorry that you are going through this dilemma & I also get so afraid when I have to change drs too! I truly hope that everything works out for you & again I am so sorry that this happened!

Last edited by gmak; 02-22-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Closed Thread