It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• suboxone for hair follicle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
    dvck
    (female)

dvck HB User
    Unhappy suboxone for hair follicle

I took a hair follicle test last Friday for a new job. The results have not come back yet and they haven't called me. They are only testing for about 4 or 5 basic illicit and prescription drugs but a year ago a friend gave me a few for my tooth pain and I'm worried about that but after that my doctor gave me a script for suboxone I only take 1/4 of the film. Does anyone have any idea if I need to be worried. I will be so embarrassed because I have already told Everyone I got the job. Please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
    LadyBassPlayer
    Inactive
    (female)

LadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB UserLadyBassPlayer HB User
    Re: suboxone for hair follicle

Hi dvck and welcome to the board! I don't know much about hair drug tests and any drug, but I think the crucial thing you said was that a doctor is prescribing the Suboxone. Usually on drug tests when you disclose a legally prescribed medication and it subsequently shows up on a test, you should be fine. You may have to prove you have a prescription depending on how strict the agency/people are.
    You didn't mention what strength the Suboxone is...2, 4 or 8 Mg films, but my guess is that if they are testing for opiates and you are currently taking it or have been taking it for awhile in the past, it will show up because Suboxone has the opiate buprenorphine in it. Just speculating.
    I wish you the best and if you don't mind, please come back and post what happens, I'd like to know what the answer is too.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
    dvck
    (female)

dvck HB User
    Re: suboxone for hair follicle

Just wanted to let you know that as it turns out Suboxone is not an opiate, it is an opioid and takes a different kind of test. Everything came back fine. Thank you for taking time to reply. I start Monday! Yeah!

Closed Thread