It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• About prescription refills

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
    elaine86
    (female)

elaine86 HB User
    About prescription refills

I just got a new pain med filled a few days ago will my pharmacy fill the old one that has one more refill if it is due to be filled?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
    nikita1
    (female)

nikita1 HB User
    Re: About prescription refills

They should but it depends on the pharmacy and the medication. I know here in Florida we need a non narcotic for every narcotic and sometimes 2 non narcotics . And some pharmacies check with the drs office first hope that helps

Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #3
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Re: About prescription refills

If the new med is to replace the old med, filling that old med just to have it on hand in an emergency is a good way to loose your doc. There is no justification if the doc increased the dose or strength to fill the old med. When you attempt to fill it they will likely refuse and let your doc know what you are doing or attempting to do. Even if they do fill it, In my state there is a data base of all controlled meds written and dispensed and your doc will see that you filled it when he is preparing for your next apt. This system has been in place in my state for over 8 years. I wouldn't risk it and don't understand the need to. There are other ways to get caught like UA's, how do you justify a med in your system you shouldn't have. Most docs won't even give you a chance to explain as its pretty obvious why you would do this, either to self medicate or to divert. Why even take a chance.
    Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to Shoreline For This Useful Post:
    ferd144 (07-02-2014)
    Closed Thread