It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Cold laser, anybody heard of it used for spine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
    tiggertoo2174
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
    Cold laser, anybody heard of it used for spine?

I have been referred to physical/occupational therapy for treatment of Carpal Tunnel. It's specifically for treatment with a cold laser.

Has anyone heard of treatment for spinal nerve compression problems with a cold laser? The EMG that was done to diagnose my carpal tunnel also showed 'pinched nerves' on both sides of my cervical spine, I think at C7 and C8. If the laser works for wrists might it also work for spines? Providing that what is compressing the neeve isn't bone of course!

I intend to ask the therapist about it in detail, but was just wondering if anyone had heard of this.

Tigg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: Cold laser, anybody heard of it used for spine?

Hi tigger, No, i havent heard of it but am really interested in what the therapist says regarding its use on spine & how well it works for your wrists. Also, the cold laser will be used on your hands or wrists not on your cervical vertebrae right? I was wondering just what it does to the nerve & can it be used to remove the ganglion cyst as well or is the effect like deep icy treatment? Thanks, tigger & i hope it helps & saves you some surgery, pain, etc!

Closed Thread