It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Baffled & Confused

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
    23fan4ever
    (male)

23fan4ever HB User
    Baffled & Confused

Hello.. I am not actually a newbie it's just I forgot all my info so it was easier to start a new one. The reason I am baffled & confused is this. I have been in Pain management since 2009 after a MVA in 2008. Reason for pain management was initially to do all the protocol for my symptoms in my low back and hips. That started with mild narcotics, muscle relaxers and the injections and RFA at L4-S1 where DDD was worn away all the nucleus of those discs. Finally in 2011 I had a 2 level TLIF l4-S1. It failed to give any relief. Back to PM I go and over the next year the meds were increased and everything done they could think of. Finally in 2012 the PM doc did a SI Joint injection to test the joint and right away the pain stopped. He knew then the source all along was the SI Joint. Within a few months I was having to have the left side fused and chose the iFuse system and the surgeon has to tap the implants in. When doing the 2nd of the 3 implants the top screw moved only 1.5mm inward and crushed the sciatic nerve. Woke up screaming. Next day the implant was backed off. To this day the nerve hasn't regenerated and causes severe sciatica. In 2013 I had a 2nd SI Joint fusion on the opposite side with SI-Lock hardware which is fixated screws not the implants like with iFuse. IMO 100% better. Well in between these surgeries I have continued PM. Up til now I am on Zanaflex 4mg tid Neurontin 300 4x daily and Oxycodone 30mg q 4hrs. That's just there. Add to it all my other epeleptic meds, depression anxiety HBP and the PRN meds it's 39 pills a day.

Well I'm on SSDI and my review was just done. After 4 months I get An appointment to see a Mental quack they set me up to see. I've seen him and he says he's wanting to see if all this stuff is in my head, see why I am having memory issues, anxiety and depression. He spends 30mins with me and asks me questions like, where r we, who's president and 3 shapes and colors. I tell him str8 up I'm not an idiot, not crazy as he!!, know the things he asked but daily stuff I tend to forget, lay out why I am depressed and taken meds for it as well as those benzos I hate for PRN anxiety. He knows nothing about me in a quack session he's paid to perform. My doctors I've seen all over 6 years know me best & sir u know nothing other than I know where I'm at. Far as memory problems this may be why. I dump out a trillion RX bottles all up to date and he looks at me like he's the crazy one. Reads em and shakes his head. All the stuff he's asking me about medically is in my records which he says SS didn't send.

So I do think I am okay physically on the disability end. Can't do much at all under the guidelines. Has anyone here had to deal with this same thing? Personally just from a PM issue I am on quite enough meds to render me as unemployable? Or should I be concerned? Nothing's changed in my SSDI file except this med increases and 2 additional surgeries. Do people on hear have a lot of memory issues from Pain Meds? I never thought I did til I am at the doses I am, as well as the combination of all my daily meds.

The following user gives a hug of support to 23fan4ever:
    gmak (11-05-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: Baffled & Confused

Hi 23fan, Yes I remember about your surgeries & back & yes I have noticed lately when under a lot of stress and anxiety because my mom had a stroke, currently here at my home & also sons wedding that I had some small memory lapses but mainly it was just that I seemed to make mistakes like locking keys in car, forgetting items to buy or pack, and I get nervous when I have a date & time that I have to be somewhere emphatically & the anxiety made remembering every detail 10 times harder! For me the anxiety caused much more than my pain meds. Glad to see you again & have drs mentioned reevaluating the meds?

Closed Thread

Tags
    disability application information