It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Cvs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
    Wseminole99
    (male)

Wseminole99 HB User
    Cvs

After 3 years of filling my prescription at the same store, I was advised by the pharmacist that my Dr only filled scripts for drug addicts. I was in total shock, being that I take my scripts as prescribed and do not do drugs. I felt very violated, thinking maybe my ADA rights were violated? Any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
    Harri3t
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User
    Re: Cvs

Wow! That's just wrong! That said, I don't think this involves any infringement on your rights under ADA. It's not like they refused to fill the Rx. Just the same, the comment was inappropriate. Needless to say, I'd switch pharmacies. You might want to lodge a complaint with the CVS corporation or head office in your state and let them know they will no longer get your business. If you know the name of the pharmacist, a complaint to your state pharmacy licensing board is probably in order, too. Just make sure it was actually a pharmacist and not a pharmacy tech or clerk. That may require a complaint to a different licensing or certifying board depending on how your state boards are set up. If just a tech or clerk, complaining to the head pharmacist at the store might be a good idea, too, especially if you won't be switching pharmacies.

Last edited by Harri3t; 12-24-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
    Whoopee
    Veteran
    (male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User

That is unreal! I really doesn't surprise me too much because more and more pharmacists are turning into doc wannabees and trying to play Cop when they ought to be doing their job! How in the world would that person know anything about you or your doc for that matter. Personally, I'd make as much noise as I could but you have to do what you can do. Good Luck!

Old 12-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
    Kylekat
    Inactive
    (female)

Kylekat HB UserKylekat HB User

Definitely deserves reporting the pharmacists. They have no right to make those kind of scandalous comments and its so unprofessional its ridiculous. I'd also tell your Dr. what was said so he can report the pharmacist also, he may have higher channels to go through.

KK

Closed Thread