It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Pain centers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
    Pattyanne
    (female)

Pattyanne HB User
    Pain centers

I went to an appointment at a pain center in my neighberhood. I wanted to be treated for and get xrays for some on going back pains. I filled out the intake papers at home and waited with my husband in the outer office for an hour. They called me back and I sat back there 1 hour. It was like a free clinic with a lot of people running around and a I never even saw a doctor in the office. I had a bad feeling and finally walked out. Was I so wrong?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2015, 04:03 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Pain centers

Only you can answer that. I think at a minimum you did yourself a disservice by not at least seeing what they would have to say. And for narcotics, they would need have a physician sign the scrip. That's a legal requirement. Free clinic waiting periods are usually long.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    karlee1010 (01-14-2015)
    Old 01-14-2015, 05:31 AM   #3
    karlee1010
    (female)

karlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB User

Hi. I can only say an: "if I were you, then probably..." I think I'd wish that I'd just waited to find out what the end result was, at least since I'd put in the effort to go there and all. And I've done that before too. I've left a place beforehand, and then went home and reconsidered it. It's easy to lose focus when you're in pain. I've called a place back and apologized for my impatience too. Even when I pretty much expected them at fault in the first place. But, they didn't. Haha. IT still helps though. I just don't want to burn my bridges anywhere, in case of emergency, you know? I had been impatient. Even tho they were at fault in the first place, doesn't mean they were anywhere ready to admit that. And they weren't it seems. It's still your own decision to answer your question. I hope sharing my experience can help you some.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 AM   #4
    Pattyanne
    (female)

Pattyanne HB User

I wanted to make the point that this pain center was not very professional. It is not a free clinic and I have excellent health insurance. I will now go through my primary care doctor and get xrays and a referral for a back doctor. I just wanted to warn others about this TV advertised pain center.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

I get what your saying. sounds pretty shady and if your gut tells you to go I say listen o your gut. good luck, Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to Shoreline For This Useful Post:
    karlee1010 (01-15-2015)
    Old 01-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
    Pattyanne
    (female)

Pattyanne HB User

Thanks, Dave

Closed Thread